Sims - Burn It Down 12" single (Doomtree)

[image]

http://store.doomtree.net/product/burn-it-down-12-vinyl-sims

Here at Doomtree HQ, we’re not in the habit of dubbing our own work “collectible.” Rings a bit presumptuous. But if you’re the type to meticulously tweak the track lighting to better showcase your display of sequential rare releases, snag this one with a quickness. We’re pressing a limited run of Burn It Down 12 inches in advance of the full-length from Sims, which will hit stores on February 15th. (His full-length album is called Bad Time Zoo and it’s a beast. [Pun not intended, but then recognized, and immortalized in this webstore copy.])

The vinyl package includes a download card for all tracks plus the brand new "Burn It Down" music video directed by Isaac Gale. “Burn It Down” is the first single from Bad Time Zoo. “Introduce Myself” and “My Go” featuring Slug are released here or the first time. Album art by Adam Garcia.

I got mine the other day and have really enjoyed it so far. Slug's lines on the B-side song are pretty weak. Very mellow and laid back, which isn't something I look for in his style. But the 2 songs on the A-side are dope as hell. Comes with a download card, too. I think there's 500 of these. And you can listen to "Burn It Down" on the front page of their site - http://www.doomtree.net/

I really wish the first Sims album would get the vinyl treatment. I wasn't crazy about his last False Hopes though. i'm pretty burnt out on Doomtree in 2010. :(

When I spoke to Lazerbeak he said he wants to give everything the vinyl treatment but it's too pricey right now. He did say Bad Time Zoo would be getting it though.

I'd say too pricey for the consumer. $25-30 was up there for a pretty basic black 2xLP and their own label, art, songs and I'm sure the ability to screen everything yourself for a decent price around town.

that said, Sims rules. good dude backed hard. I feel bad I didn't make the Blowout this year. I can't even remember if I went last year.

Anyone know if this came with a lyric sheet? As it kind of seems like all hip hop albums should since they're primarily lyrically driven but most releases (well the few local artists I have albums from) seem to exclude them.

This pisses me off so much about P.O.S. - Audition.

Anyone know if this came with a lyric sheet? As it kind of seems like all hip hop albums should since they're primarily lyrically driven but most releases (well the few local artists I have albums from) seem to exclude them.

This pisses me off so much about P.O.S. - Audition.

better than Never Better where it says go online for all the liner notes and lyrics but I've never been able to find them on the site. ;)