Portugal The Man Vinyl!

Three Portugal albums are going to be on vinyl as of March 1, 2011 – American Ghetto, Censored Colors and Satanic Satanist! They are not limited and all on black vinyl.

Portugal. The Man - American Ghetto LP

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Portugal.-The-Man-%252d-American-Ghetto-LP.html

Portugal. The Man - Censored Colors LP

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Portugal.-The-Man-%252d-Censored-Colors-LP.html

Portugal. The Man - The Satanic Satanist LP

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Portugal.-The-Man-%252d-The-Satanic-Satanist-LP.html

Yeah, but CC is completely gone from the listing on MN and the rest are frequently out of stock and are probably limited. Why bust balls when given another outlet to purchase something that some people may have missed out on?

got a copy of censored colors on black. doesn't sound as good as the original release...

Wasn't super impressed with the sound on the first presses. If this one is worse....damn.

Yeah, but CC is completely gone from the listing on MN and the rest are frequently out of stock and are probably limited. Why bust balls when given another outlet to purchase something that some people may have missed out on?
got a copy of censored colors on black. doesn't sound as good as the original release...

Wasn't super impressed with the sound on the first presses. If this one is worse....damn.

you don't like the way the 2xLP 45 rpm sounds!? you must not have too good of a setup

No. I assure you my setup is very conducive to getting excellent sound out of my vinyl. I have 2XLP 45 RPM records that sound absolutely amazing but for some reason both of my copies of CC just lack something. Its been a while since I've listened to either but I'm pretty sure I remember them being way too noisey for new LP's. I'll try them again soon but I just remember being disappointed on initial impressions. I have a Blue/Yellow and a Gold.

I've not had very good luck with P.TM vinyl. My SS's sound like they've been processed through a transistor radio (slight exaggeration). My Church Mouths are pretty nice sounding except for some major skipping on track 1. Waiter is the only one that doesn't sound kind of shitty. It actually has stellar fidelity.

Is this new black press a single LP?

No. I assure you my setup is very conducive to getting excellent sound out of my vinyl. I have 2XLP 45 RPM records that sound absolutely amazing but for some reason both of my copies of CC just lack something. Its been a while since I've listened to either but I'm pretty sure I remember them being way too noisey for new LP's. I'll try them again soon but I just remember being disappointed on initial impressions. I have a Blue/Yellow and a Gold.

I've not had very good luck with P.TM vinyl. My SS's sound like they've been processed through a transistor radio (slight exaggeration). My Church Mouths are pretty nice sounding except for some major skipping on track 1. Waiter is the only one that doesn't sound kind of shitty. It actually has stellar fidelity.

Is this new black press a single LP?

mine have nearly no surface noise, i have a blue and yellow version as well. but yeah the new one is a black 1xLP

Yeah, there's just something about P.TM vinyl that I seem to get this shittiest batch of every record except Waiter. My Jane Doe reissues pretty much redefine the vinyl listening experience. It has really been the best case scenario of a 2XLP 45 RPM in my experience.

That really sucks about the CC repress. I'll probably get AG just for completion's sake as I wasn't a huge fan of that one and may possibly grab a black SS to see if its any better than the ones I have.