headphones

$100 - Sony MDR 7506

Ive had a pair for three years now and theyre still bitchen. Some peope have said theirs have kicked it after a couple years but Ive been everything but gentle with mine and theyve held up great. Solid construction, super comfortable and incredibly clear audio without that over-boosted bass that a lot of closed phones at this price range have.

I've been digging my Sony MDR-V6's. Picked them up this past Christmas and no complaints -- they even fold up which makes them fairly convenient for travel.

Oh, and they were $67 from Amazon (although the price may have changed since then).

These get my seal of approval as well. As I've said before, they're the flattest consumer-grade "studio monitors" you can get, especially for the $$$, which should be around $75. Totally worth it.

almost anything senheisser should do you pretty well. obviously the more you spend the better quality you'll get. great clarity of sound, comfortable and well built. i have a pair with the band that goes behind the back of the head for use with my mp3 player that i use on the way into uni/on the train etc and i have had them for several years, beat them up a bit, and they still sound great. senheisser all the way in my opinion.