Anyone from Columbus?

off hand I don't know the name of the store & it's easy to pass up but there is a store on high street near rag o rama. the dude Carry's lots of obscure stuff mostly metal/punk.

Magnolia thunderpussy on high street is ok though overpriced but they got some good shit on record store day.

and as mentioned used kids is rad, also easy to pass up if you aren't paying close attention.

off hand I don't know the name of the store & it's easy to pass up but there is a store on high street near rag o rama. the dude Carry's lots of obscure stuff mostly metal/punk.

Magnolia thunderpussy on high street is ok though overpriced but they got some good shit on record store day.

and as mentioned used kids is rad, also easy to pass up if you aren't paying close attention.

Awesome, I'll definitely check those out.

Any good places to eat in the area? A good bar is always a good place to know too.

I'm excited to explore Columbus, it seems like an awesome city.

Oh, and most importantly what are the venues that I should be keeping an eye on for shows?

When you go to Used Kids stop at Buckeye Donuts for a good gyro or chicken fingers and of course donuts.

Thurman's has awesome, unnecessarily large burgers.

The name of the place that has ridiculous sandwiches is escaping me, you can put like mozzarella sticks on them and shit. Anyone know what I am talking about?

yeah high street is a nice little culture hub you will never be bored .In general columbus is an awesome city & I can't wait to move there.

The thing i've always found odd about cbus is you will be driving in the ghetto & then all of the sudden out of nowhere you will be in like the business district and then back to the hood haha.

also german village is a great place for food see if you can find the man vs food episode where he visits there on youtube

Guest kingbuzzo
When you go to Used Kids stop at Buckeye Donuts for a good gyro or chicken fingers and of course donuts.

Thurman's has awesome, unnecessarily large burgers.

The name of the place that has ridiculous sandwiches is escaping me, you can put like mozzarella sticks on them and shit. Anyone know what I am talking about?

That would be PJ's, the cause of quite a few miserable nights for me.

If you like Beers go to Barley's...I'm going there tonight.

Great homemade beers, really good bbq, and they always have great guest beers on tap.

They are they only place in town to have beer on cask.

This sounds exactly like my kind of place.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I'm going to have a lot of places to check out.

If you like Beers go to Barley's...I'm going there tonight.

Great homemade beers, really good bbq, and they always have great guest beers on tap.

They are they only place in town to have beer on cask.

do you know off hand what street that place it's on i'd check it out

It's on Riverside in Grandview. It's the Smokehouse.

Record stores: Used Kids, Magnolia Thunderpussy, Lost Weekend & Spoonful.

Other good bars with food are the slew of places that Liz Lessner owns. Surly Girl, Betty's, Tip Top, Dirty Franks and The Jury Room. They always have a good selection of beer on tap.

There are a couple of good movie theatres as well. The Gateway Film Center and Studio 35 which are in the campus vicinity.

I'd also recommend checking out this place called The North Market. It's got a shit ton of different little restaurants and shops. I also recommend King Gyros for any Greek eats. Their falafel is ridiculously good.

Spoonful records is downtown on East Long St.

They have a section of Comic books as well, and you mentioned that in your first post.

Where are you living? I've been here for ten years now, love it, bought a house in German Village area and love all the record stores we have.

If you go to Elizabeths Records on Indianola, make sure to go to Yeah Me Too for a coffee and talk to Sam from New Bomb Turks.

If you like beer Bodega has over 50 on Tap and Hal and Als (on Parsons Ave and Gates st) has a great selection and often does tastings with rare brews.

If you go to Thurmans and the line is long, just go to Easy Street Cafe, they have better burghers anyway.

German Village coffee shop is your go to breakfast joint.

OH and go to Ollies, its on South High street, its like Big Lots but cheaper, a little messy and much better stuff. Good place to get shit for a new house / apartment.

Food:

BBQ = Rays Rays Hog Pitt - on north high in Clintonville - just a cart, best BBQ ever.

Katzingers - Just like Kats in NYC, they import their pastrami, its good.

Sushi - Oriental Japanese Restruant

Chinese - Sun Tong Luk

I HIGHLY recommend hitting up columbusunderground.com for more info on the hoods, whats happenin etc etc.

Stay away from the North West side if you hate yuppie suburban-ville. Plenty of great places to live inside 270 and around the city, its much better in the city here.

What did you order?

I went with my sister and between us we ordered Saigon Rolls, Kung Pao, Pho.

They brought out the golden nuggets to us by mistake instead of saigon rolls.

i thought the nuggets were good.

I was pretty into the kung pao too.

(i'm pretty sure i parked right next to you and was getting out of my car the same time you were)