iPad 2

I wouldn't hold my breath on an SD card. I don't see much of a need for it on the iPad anyways.

They probably won't bother since they already sell adapters.

[image]

Which is what I was talking about earlier, it could easily and very cheaply be integrated into the ipad2 but to cash in they choose to sell adapters which are a pain to carry around with the ipad.

And there are other uses for SD besides storage. I bought my dad an android tablet and I know he loves to be able to put his cameras sd card in and show people his pictures easily on the fly.

Which is what I was talking about earlier, it could easily and very cheaply be integrated into the ipad2 but to cash in they choose to sell adapters which are a pain to carry around with the ipad.

Apple is good at 3 things. Design, monopolizing accessories and being proprietary toolbags. This is a great example, charging $30 for an unnecessary accessory just because they can. You're right, it easily could be integrated but why bother when there's money to be made on it? I love their products but I hate them.

Apple is good at 3 things. Design, monopolizing accessories and being proprietary toolbags. This is a great example, charging $30 for an unnecessary accessory just because they can. You're right, it easily could be integrated but why bother when there's money to be made on it? I love their products but I hate them.

Which is why I can never bring myself to buying apple products, my friend has the ipad and I actually do love playing around with it when he brings it over. I just can't bring myself to give money to assholes.

Just a couple days ago I had a couch picked out, even brought the moving truck and everything but the salesman was a complete douche so just about when the sale was final I told him to fuck off and maybe next time he'll be nicer so he won't lose out on a 1,400 dollar sale. I still really want that couch but every time I would sit on it I would just think of that asshole enjoying his commission he made off me.

Point being, I just don't think I could enjoy the ipad as much knowing I just helped make a bunch of dicks make more money than they already need. The android tablet market will catch up very soon and I would feel much better giving my money to some of those developers.

yea all those dicks over at apple...

I'm just saying, I know it's business but it's harder for me to swallow. It's fine that most people don't read into it as much as me.

And sometimes it's just unavoidable. I don't see Microsoft as being much better than Apple but it's one or the other.

yea all those dicks over at apple...

When you charge a premium for everything you sell and loudly shout that it's the best product available it is a dick move to make people paying for the "best" to pay even more for very very very basic things.

The fact that the Macbook Pro comes with what amounts to a glorified text editor as it's out of box writing solution is bullshit but why stock a PROFESSIONAL COMPUTER with something so basic when you can nickel and dime your fan boys and make them spend even more money after already dropping over a grand for the most basic model.

Or why make it so you can easily transfer the most basic kind of data storage to your iPad when you can nickel and dime your fans by making them buy yet another bullshit adapter.

Those are dick moves.

So any company putting out a tablet won't be a money obsessed corporation?

Like I said, sometimes it's unavoidable. Some times it's just picking the lesser degree of evil. No matter what everyone goes into business to make money, I understand that. The important thing is how they go about their business. If they participate in bullshit tactics it's not really something I want to be part of no matter how good the product is.

Guest markovianprocess

I'm having major gadget envy at the sight of this. It looks like such a fun and genuinely useful product, and I do very much like Apple products.

• 4 weeks later...

I've read numerous pieces about how Apple sells an advertising method, not computers or iPods or iPads. Apple is 100% dick.

Do they make good products? Yea, I guess so.. I'm not a tech expert but I love my iPod Classic. But they aren't interested in making the best products, they're interested in stringing people along and squeezing every penny out of them by hooking them with the brand.

I've read numerous pieces about how Apple sells an advertising method, not computers or iPods or iPads. Apple is 100% dick.

Do they make good products? Yea, I guess so.. I'm not a tech expert but I love my iPod Classic. But they aren't interested in making the best products, they're interested in stringing people along and squeezing every penny out of them by hooking them with the brand.

I agree, take an mp3 player for instance. It seems like it is a standard to buy an ipod, instead of a zune or nike or etc.

It is like kleenex or q-tips, both of which are a particular brand, but so standard and actually most people (everyone I know) calls them by those names. Even when it is an ear swab made by a different company everyone still calls it a q-tip.

The marketing behind the ipod has made apple what it is today and everyone wanting a mac over pc and an ipod over a zune etc etc.