fuck privileged kids who are paypal claim happy

deafmx is right, I clearly stated a response to an email. But Kurtz, if it takes you two weeks to write me an email letting me know what's going on, or if it even takes you two weeks to ship a record, I wouldn't feel confident about buying from you.

Extraneous circumstances are one thing, but after a payment is sent, it shouldn't take a week to mail records.

I guess I just don't get why you would even have to contact the seller within two weeks. That is not a lot of time. It has taken me a week to get to the post office before. Most of us have jobs and other things going on that making a trip to the post office is not an option every day. That plus media mail can easily take over 2 weeks.

Okay, we're talking about apples and oranges to some extent. Ordering from a store or distro where they don't always get delivery confirmation or give the buyer the # is different than buying/trading with a person from the message boards. So, if I paid VJ and didn't have any contact with him after 2 weeks, I'd write him an email asking about my stuff. If he didn't respond after a few days, I'd write him again. Third time, I might drop the threat of a claim because he's a proprietor and I have now engaged in commerce with him. To some tiny extent, he's got an obligation to communicate with me. I don't know VJ, and I've never bought anything from him, so I'm not saying he would do this or act this way. Just an example.

But, if I bought something from you Kurtz, I would ask and pay an extra buck just to be able to track the package with d/c. If you gave me the d/c # and the package was moving, I'd have no need to email you. Even if it sits in Paducah, KY for a week, I know it's moving. Again, if I paid you and two weeks went by with no emails saying "I'm shipping it soon" or "Here's you d/c #" then I would be writing you. It's a perfectly reasonable request when you buy something for the buyer to keep the lines of communication open.

My girlfriend went into labor last year and we had a baby. Before I went back up to the hospital (long story), I made sure someone who bought over $50 for some records got his stuff shipped because I knew it wouldn't be happening for some time after that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i'm not mistaken, when someone sends money to you as a gift, paypal cannot refund it back to the sender. if this is the case, insist on buyer sending you the cash as a gift when you sell a record to them.

but what if you send it as a gift and the seller actually does fuck you over, never sends the records, goes missing, etc? then you have no recourse when there is an actual legitimate problem.

i've never had problems with paypal - thought i had a problem with a trade once but the delivery confirmation number i was sent was missing a # so nothing was coming up. records came though and i felt like a dumbass.

this guy clearly sucks.