Calling Customer Service

Guest markovianprocess
why can i not understand a single person on the phone who works in customer service?

[image]

I know what you mean, but I just love this little guy. Maybe you should try and shop/deal with more ethical companies that can afford to pay employees that have a good standard of English.

why can i not understand a single person on the phone who works in customer service?

[image]

I know what you mean, but I just love this little guy. Maybe you should try and shop/deal with more ethical companies that can afford to pay employees that have a good standard of English.

i have no idea what these companies are, or i would haha.

i just called my web host to try to downgrade my plan because i don't even come close to using the minimums on even the starter plan. it was like pulling teeth. my ex designed my site and signed me up on there, because i am web design/hosting retarded and that's what he uses for his site. SO i blame him for it. and everything else under the sun. even the weather.

the worst. just the absolute worst.

bitch... ive told you my name 5 times. you dont need to repeat it along with my address every time a new bit of information is given to you. and then ask if its correct.

so mr swanson you will be ordering the chair cainers guide to a good sit and that will be shipped to 94 manly woods drive in pawnee indiana. is this correct mr swanson? ok thank you very much mr swanson. have a good day mr. swanson. swanson.

[image]

[image]

To your substantive point I say:

[image]

Dell is the absolute worst for this. The guy was in India and could barely speak a word of English and on top of that, the connecton was absolutely horrible.

I've had good experiences with Apple though. I called them and wound up speaking to some guy named Clint in Austin, TX. He even gave me his direct number so anytime I need anything I just call him directly and I don't have to go through all that automated bullshit.

I called Microsoft. Expected what you would expect from a huge company like that. Talked to a guy named Craig.. seemed like a cool guy. I didn't have to say sorry wut? or anything like that. That really bumped Microsoft up in my book

Doubt his real name is Craig, but if you can't tell the difference, the difference doesn't matter.

I have to say honestly I have never had a problem with any customer service calls (except for actually getting to a live person).

I just opted to go to Tax Court instead of call the IRS 800 number ever again. How the hell can you apply the same standard of shitty telemarketing quality customer service from Bullshit-Corp USA to the Federal Government? I imagine fewer mistakes might be made if American Citizens aren't treated like nameless customers by a rep reading off a script they are barely qualified to read.

I'm so damn bitter. I'm so tired of dealing with people that can't answer any questions and just assume you'll accept it.

I just opted to go to Tax Court instead of call the IRS 800 number ever again. How the hell can you apply the same standard of shitty telemarketing quality customer service from Bullshit-Corp USA to the Federal Government? I imagine fewer mistakes might be made if American Citizens aren't treated like nameless customers by a rep reading off a script they are barely qualified to read.

I'm so damn bitter. I'm so tired of dealing with people that can't answer any questions and just assume you'll accept it.

i work for the the state, and have to take turns on the phone transferring calls for the attorneys on my floor who field legal related tax questions. the amount of calls transferred up to us from taxpayer services that they should have been able to answer down there is staggering. utter incompetence if you ask me; federal, state, all the same.

I recently had to deal with Verizon customer service. It was the most frustrating time I've ever spent on the phone. Very difficult to understand, terrible connection, and nobody could help me with my problem. They "accidentally" terminated my account, and it took them 5 days to get it back on. I was pissed. I switched to cable internet because of the experience.