OUT NOW: This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoked on this new stuff...getting pretty tired of boring generic post-rock.

I mean its a fucking formula by now. I loved Moving On The Edges of Things hoping for more of that.

thank you! everyone hates on this record. TWDY is one of those bands where everyone is going to expect a repeat of their first album until the day they break up. s/t was a progression away from young mountain, moving on the edges of things was a huge progression away from their s/t, and this will be another move, whichever direction it may be in. plenty of bands do this and people don't shit their pants everytime like ohhh Radiohead maybe? Appleseed Cast perhaps? Granted that those are bands with singing and I know the post rock crowd is a wee bit touchier, but seriously, people need to stop hoping for a repeat of their first album. I mean Weezer swears that each new album will sound like the blue album (which they rly, rly, rly don't) and people still eat out of their freaking hands. TWDY doesn't claim any of this and people give them way too much crap for trying different things. Change is good I swear. if Bowie accepts it, you can too.

i know. let people find it on their own

that's stupid, I spent an hour searching on and off.

This is the way I see it. When you like a band and their new shit leaks, you want to hear it NOW. If you were going to buy the CD/LP/whatever, then you're still going to do so. If you weren't going to buy it, then you just would have downloaded it after the official release. When you send out promo CDs, leaks shouldn't surprise or anger you. Shit, there's a CD on eBay ending in a few hours right now.

Sharing is caring, I'm gonna save some people time searching.