Questions on shipping records from Canada

Okay, so I'm fairly new to VC and the entire world of records. First off, I want to say that I absolutely love collecting, and am trying to learn as much as I can about it. I've got a few questions when it comes to trading and selling though. I know that there is an easy way to ship records in the US via Media Mail, but I'm located in Canada and was wondering if anybody had any advice on the best way to ship records from way up here. So my questions are:

1. What is the cheapest way to ship within Canada?

2. What is the cheapest way to ship to the States?

3. Where do I buy boxes to use for shipping and how much do they cost?

4. If I sell a record on eBay and want to send it to the States, does it really cost $19.99? If so, fuck eBay.

5. Wayne's World, or Wayne's World 2?

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it. And if there's already a thread on this, please politely call me an idiot and direct me to the thread.

there is for sure another thread about this.

but quickly, it will cost you about $10 to ship one record to the US and almost the same within Canada. 7" are different, but for LP's that's pretty much as good as it gets.

Surface Mail to the US might be less.

Just use the Canada Post website.

Package is about 13" x 13" x 1"

Weight with the package for one LP is about 450g

From my experiences:

Shipping within Canada - $11

Shipping to the US - $12

Shipping overseas - $14.33

As mentioned, 7"s are much cheaper to mail. If you can pack them flat enough you can even send them my lettermail which is dirt cheap and only takes 5-7 business days.

As for mailers- either reuse the ones you get when you buy records OR fedex offers free boxes if you have an account. The medium box is perfect if you keep it collapsed. I flip em inside out to avoid bitching from Canada Post. You can also get free bubble mailers from fedex.