PO: Polyvinyl RSD Exclusives

Polyvinyl is releasing 11 titles on limited edition vinyl for Record Store Day.

Very limited quantities of some of these titles are available for pre-order this weekend through our E-Store.

The Top 4 on this page are some RSD exclusives. Better act fast a small amount are available.

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=rlfs86bab&et=1104955050146&s=42615&e=001bQtUCE63uqxiVH4AfEMVPdaYaCs4ixI7bsuESc2H0oQayn8uuQmIJ7TJFtk4FV4uGllO-CtSbzi0hZpdL7SIOU5a9dwmE8mrt7HROFiOqbNJ_aGnLMf_JBXj9wh9rPJViY3le-pQcKk7BysD9U1Cow==

that was weird. i had these all in my cart a week ago, then held off. then i looked again and they were gone, now they're all back up again. haha. they must have jumped the gun. i thought it was weird they had all the preorders up and hadn't sent out an email yet. i caved and bought all the ones i needed last night, that'll save a big hassle on RSD trying to find them all.

not sure if you were referring to me, but I do not work for Polyvinyl, but looking at their site you can contact their retail through [email protected] . i am not sure why they are doing the owen and vivian girls 7" if the pre order has been up since jan, the reason for doing a mail order for the titles is actually nice because a lot of people dont live near a record store. i saw this as an opportunity to help people secure these titles so they didnt have to worry about finding these titles during RSD

not sure if you were referring to me, but I do not work for Polyvinyl, but looking at their site you can contact their retail through [email protected] . i am not sure why they are doing the owen and vivian girls 7" if the pre order has been up since jan, the reason for doing a mail order for the titles is actually nice because a lot of people dont live near a record store. i saw this as an opportunity to help people secure these titles so they didnt have to worry about finding these titles during RSD

I wasn't referring to anybody, but rather pointing out that if you had pre-ordered any of the items originally, the website had listed a shipping date of 4/1/10. That date changed today to 4/18/10, so if anyone had pre-ordered these with the sole intention of flipping them on Ebay, because they were going to supposedly get them in advance of RSD, that is now no longer an option.

That is all I was pointing out/noticing. Thanks for the heads up on the link, Polyvinyl only made 100-200 copies available for mail order to offset their costs to produce the items. So it is a good thing to allow those to get these at face value (stores would like charge $1-2 more) and not have to worry on RSD if your store has it or not. :)

I wasn't referring to anybody, but rather pointing out that if you had pre-ordered any of the items originally, the website had listed a shipping date of 4/1/10. That date changed today to 4/18/10, so if anyone had pre-ordered these with the sole intention of flipping them on Ebay, because they were going to supposedly get them in advance of RSD, that is now no longer an option.

That is all I was pointing out/noticing. Thanks for the heads up on the link, Polyvinyl only made 100-200 copies available for mail order to offset their costs to produce the items. So it is a good thing to allow those to get these at face value (stores would like charge $1-2 more) and not have to worry on RSD if your store has it or not. :)

I actually didnt mean you I meant:

im sure ill sound like a douche for asking, but whats the point of a record store day release being sold and preordered online?

with that being said, since you must work for polyvinyl, can i wholesale polyvinyl releases directly for my store? and if so, who do i contact?

Thats where the statement of me not working for Polyvinyl came from.

im sure ill sound like a douche for asking, but whats the point of a record store day release being sold and preordered online?

with that being said, since you must work for polyvinyl, can i wholesale polyvinyl releases directly for my store? and if so, who do i contact?

Polyvinyl is distributed through ADA.