Help! - need items for Benefit Auction for friend

Hey guys,

Thursday night, Mitch Dubey, a good friend of mine, and many of the other labels/bands represented on this message board was shot and killed during what police have dubbed "a home invasion robbery". He was shot after trying to verbally get the assailant to put down the gun, and later died of his injuries at the hospital.

The Dubey family has suffered so much recently, as Mitch's father was paralyzed in an accident a year or two ago, and Mitch was helping his family with those expenses as it was.

We're doing everything in our power to raise funds to cover the funeral expenses, and the travel expenses of his family during this horrible time. Mitch dedicated his life to helping out bands, and was always throwing house shows, and putting up bands for the night and just going out his way to support the scene in every way possible.

If anyone would like to donate anything for the auction, you can send items to

Asbestos Records

c/o Benefit Auction

8 Spring St

Ansonia CT 06401

for all the labels/bands that have already contacted me... thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

i will post the complete list of items here once we get the auctions underway in a week or so.

bumping w/ show info

APRIL 3rd @ The Madison Arts Barn (8 Campus Drive, Madison, CT)

THE FLAMING TSUNAMIS :: playing Externalities and some old favorites

CALL IT ARSON :: Reunion

MY HEART TO JOY :: 2nd to last show ever

SLINGSHOT DAKOTA

BRUNT OF IT

and

4/8 - Hartford CT @ “The Fred” Trinity College w/ Tigers Jaw, Algernon Cadwallader, and The Clippers

goddammit i had a really funny beatles joke to go with this title, but then i read the thread and now i'm sad.

i can't believe people are willing to kill other people for their shit.

this should evolve into a poignant political debate on the bullshits of materialism, but then again this is a record collecting forum.

pm me with any request from our catalog and it's yours, man. maybe i can just send you a "protagonist package" with one copy of each of a bunch of our releases that you can auction off

as a bundle...or whatever you think would be good.

didn't know the guy, but this is so fucked up and his family has obviously gone thru such tragedy!

just wanna help in some small way.