VC ANCHORAGE

So I'm booking a flight up to Anchorage, AK to visit a good friend, and was curious..does anybody know of something going on up there between April 28th and May 3rd? So far I've got some hiking lined up, visits to a couple breweries, and maybe a record store if they've got one/some (which they probably do).

Anything else I should fit in?

take some time to watch the sun rise/set. it takes like 7 hours each way. also, hit up "flat rock" or "flat top" (hiking). it's beautiful - get a huge view of the bay, city and danali national forest.

hit up "joes pizza". dank. that's about it - spent a week there last summer if was fucking awesome. have fun!

I grew up there.

Flat top is also backed. It's right in Anchorage and only takes a few hours to climb.

If you like pizza and good beer, Moose's Tooth Pizza and Pub is THE place to go. Gourmet pizza and they brew their own beer, cream soda, root beer and ginger ale.

The only record store that was worth going to when I lived there was Mammoth Music, they also have an instrument only store downtown.

What else are you into doing?

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions!

I ran flat top & Moose's Tooth by the guy I'm going to visit and he said it is pretty cool, and Moose's Tooth is awesome. Apparently he also found some plane wreckage spot near Wasilla that we are going to check out. The part I'm actually most stoked for is the fact that he has his pilot's license now. Fishing from a plane, here I come! haha

As far as beer goes, I am definitely going to check out Midnight Sun. Bummed this isn't the next weekend, but oh well.

Also, riddle, you say you grew up in Anchorage and now live in Seattle? That's kinda funny, I've been told Anchorage is full of people who defected from Seattle and Portland haha

I'm pretty sure mammoth music is the only record store there, ive done my research, because i'll be there that same weekend, I'm driving down from fairbanks, though. Ive lived here for close to a year now and this will be my first visit to anchorage. I hear mooses tooth is absolutely the shit though.