Anyone ever lived on a couch for a while?

1/4 adult, 3/4 lazy fuck up.

more or less. i can't keep a job, and the ones i do keep they cut my hours until i quit.

it's not that i'm bad at what i do, i've just got a problem with authority and it puts me on my bosses shit list.

i'm just one of the lucky few, ya know?

the job i'm at right now works me one shift a week, but my wife works at the same place and supports me and our kids with the hours she gets.

that being said, i'm one hell of a stay at home dad, and my kids love the shit out of me.

plus, they will inherit one swell record collection when i die.

my job leaves me in the middle. I don't feel confident enough to buy a house by myself because the hours are never reliable enough. I don't want to ever live in another apartment unless it's by myself in NV or AZ again. I don't wanna live in Minneapolis in an apartment or house because I hate my job and winter! i need sunshine and little rain year round, grey skies are deadly. I'm not a fan of living at home but my mom definitely needs all the help she can get around the house being single. meh, life.

" ::) "

she hooks it up man!

she threw me out until i had kids, and now she wants to be super grandma.

fine by me.

Hah, nice. I was just harassing you for kicks; you may as well take advantage of savings, especially if you've got a family bundle going on. I own an iPhone myself... and even with a work-discount, it's still an ugly bill to pay on a monthly basis.

Not to derail this topic or anything. I wish you the best of luck in finding something stable, Holtergeist. I'm constantly facing a fluctuation in hours, and I imagine that you (and many others) can relate to that kind of stress. I'm super grateful to have a job in this economy - especially considering the town I'm in, and the opportunities it presents - but some months are indeed rough.

I've never lived on a couch, nor have I had friends live on mine. I did, however, spend a year dorming with a friend. The dorm was a single room - two beds, two desks, and a bathroom around the corner. I definitely want to echo everyone who suggested that leave of absences are a great idea. And it sounds like that's definitely doable, with your girlfriend and what not. I'm sure you'll bounce back on your feet in no time. Regardless, I'll cross my fingers for you.

my job leaves me in the middle. I don't feel confident enough to buy a house by myself because the hours are never reliable enough. I don't want to ever live in another apartment unless it's by myself in NV or AZ again. I don't wanna live in Minneapolis in an apartment or house because I hate my job and winter! i need sunshine and little rain year round, grey skies are deadly. I'm not a fan of living at home but my mom definitely needs all the help she can get around the house being single. meh, life.

Such is the teeter totter of life. I feel you I'm pretty sick of living the apartment life, but I'm not sure if my friends are reliable enough to live with. I'll just have to see what happens in a month or two... Nothing I can really do but wait at this point anyways.

I feel you, I'm don't see it really getting better for who knows how long. Shit man, I just want some stability at this point... A solid job with solid hours, a nice place to live, and good food to eat. It may not seem like much to ask for, but I've been barely scraping by for a while now.

Shit sucks.