EBAY??? A BETTER WAY??

swoop4422

So I recently discovered CollectorsFrenzy and PopSpike and looking at the sales history of the vinyl I want I am seeing all of theses amazing deals and prices. All the auctions seem to have been on ebay however when ever I check ebay for anything I want there is never any of what I want or its a buyitnow auction with some absurd price...When I look for vinyl on ebay i search... " artist name vinyl" ..

So ..does anyone have a better way to check ebay for rare vinyl? Or maybe a good site to buy from with reasonable prices? I currently use Ebay, Amazon, Discogs, Musicstack, VinylJunkie Distro and Vinyl Collective. If anyone knows anything better please pass it my way. Feel free to PM

Thanks!

It's not necessarily for ebay, but when I'm searching the web in general for records I usually use the search string:

"artist name" + "album name" + vinyl OR lp

If the name and title are more than one word each, make sure to keep the quotes. Also, remember to capitalize the word OR. If not, google will disregard the the word since it's such a broad word. The OR is there to say that your search needs to have the word 'vinyl' or 'lp' contained in it someplace. (the plus sings are also necessary. just in case you were wondering about those.)

I recently picked up a copy of the Bad Books record (which is OOP and going for $30+ on ebay) using this method from some small-town record store website. You just gotta do some digging.

google.com

you can save your ebay searches too so it emails you as soon as something pops up, that way you can catch good deals when they pop up and you dont miss it.

Or, i guess i should just say "keep using vinyl junkie" and buy things.

The best way to get reasonable prices is to not buy into the limited/color whatever hype. Lots of "rare" records have common variants like plain black you can buy pretty cheap.

Also keep distro pages bookmarked and buy new when its normal priced before waiting until its out of print and the price skyrockets.

google.com

you can save your ebay searches too so it emails you as soon as something pops up, that way you can catch good deals when they pop up and you dont miss it.

The best way to get reasonable prices is to not buy into the limited/color whatever hype. Lots of "rare" records have common variants like plain black you can buy pretty cheap.

Also keep distro pages bookmarked and buy new when its normal priced before waiting until its out of print and the price skyrockets.

whats distro pages?

• 2 weeks later...
google.com

whats distro pages?

distro pages. Like the homepages of various distros. That way you can get records as a reasonable price. There are hundreds of distros out there, vinyl junkie, robotic empire, grave mistake, firestarter, sorry state, IFB, patac, ebullition, revhq, bis aufs messer, narshardaa and a million more.

Many of them also sell used records, so while you might not get as good of a deal if you had just bought it new, its generally going to be better than resorting to ebay.