Turntable.fm

This is a cool music/DJ based Social Network that is in beta at the moment. The only way you can get in right now is if you have a Facebook friend who is already in.

The concept feels like Ping meets IRC.... basically there are rooms, each room has a Mod (the creator), and anywhere from 1 to 5 DJ slots depending on what the Mod decided on. To DJ you just click on an open slot on deck (if there is one)

You queue up music, which right now at least is simply you search their database or upload an mp3 (if someone else previously uploaded a song it's available when you search the database).

When your song plays the people in the room vote the song up or down. Each up vote gives you a DJ point. Mods can set a minimum point level in order to be able to DJ in their room, and the more points you have the greater selection of avatars are available to you. Down votes have no negative impact except that if a high enough percentage of the room down votes you your song is skipped.

If there is more than one DJ up on deck it is turn based, you play one song and then the next DJ gets to play one.

It's a pretty simple but cool concept, if anyone wants in point me towards your Facebook. We could make a Vinyl Collective room.

Guest errolwest
Came in here thinking that somehow someone had figured out how to scrobble to last.fm from their turntable. But I guess I could actually get behind this, too.

basically, exactly this.