The Book Of Mormon

Because a simple study of history very clearly demonstrates that all religions are based on prior cultural traditions, which pretty clearly shows that they're simply made up. Religion is then used as a method of controlling people's behavior, keeping people in line, and and scare-tactics. Then you have people today making asinine choices based on something fictitious in the first place.

I grew up in a Catholic household and was exposed to a lot of religions before I left high school. I used to be of the stance that religion is fine as long as it's a private thing, but more and more I grow intolerant because people hold views that I strongly disagree with and see as flat-out backwards or illogical for no other reason than religion. I've grown towards a view that one's "personal" religious decisions and views affect us all, so by being religious, that person is influencing my world in a negative way.

It stems from all sorts of social issues from abortion or gay marriage down to denying evolution.

And when I say reasoning, I mean CURRENTLY. There was plenty of reasoning when old religions were created. Why does lightning happen? Shit, I dunno, the gods are angry I guess. But like I said before, that was in an age of ignorance and humanity has come so far since then. The educated world should be able to reason beyond the need for a god / gods.

I think the uselessness of religion is highlighted by what some call "religious liberalism" where people pick and choose what is applicable to today. Either the Bible is the Word of God, or it's not. If we're to take any of it seriously, we're to take all of it seriously. I won't even get into the internal contradictions of the Bible, but for people to pick and say "well, I'm ok with abortion" for whatever reason, but still preach against homosexuality on a religious basis is ridiculous. If we can pick and choose what rules we follow, why do we need any of it? (hint: we don't. Morality still exists in a religious vacuum.)