need help ripping audio from a DVD

Hey, does anyone know an easy way to do this?

I want to rip the audio from a Bob Mould live DVD and have it as a live album to listen to(there isn't a CD only version). Can anyone point me in the right direction of what to use?

Google searching nets a bunch of potential info, but i'm not sure if there's a fool proof, easy method to doing this?

thanks!

Easiest: if you have a DVD player in your computer, play it, then use Audacity and the record onboard sound option (stereo mix). Once you've got the whole bigass track, split it up using "add label at selection," and "export multiple." You'll have the option of exporting as WAV or MP3. Use WAV, then burn 'em off. Piece of cake.

If you don't have a good soundcard (i.e., if you're using a laptop) hook up the line-out audio on your regular DVD player (or X-Box, Playstation, whatever) to the line-in on your computer. Then follow the instructions as before.

Easiest: if you have a DVD player in your computer, play it, then use Audacity and the record onboard sound option (stereo mix). Once you've got the whole bigass track, split it up using "add label at selection," and "export multiple." You'll have the option of exporting as WAV or MP3. Use WAV, then burn 'em off. Piece of cake.

If you don't have a good soundcard (i.e., if you're using a laptop) hook up the line-out audio on your regular DVD player (or X-Box, Playstation, whatever) to the line-in on your computer. Then follow the instructions as before.

That's hardly the easiest way to do it.

DVD Audio Extractor seems easy for someone who has never done it.

Edit: Looks like it's not freeware, let me find you a freeware version. Are you on Mac or Windows?

Edit 2: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/extract-your-concert-dvd-audio-to-mp3-with-4-simple-tools/ <- A very similar process to how I do it.