writing good songs.

feels good don't it?

my fiance and i got in a fight and broke up for a grand total of 2 days and during those 2 days i wrote possibly one of the best songs i have ever written.

(to clarify, as a musican, i am my biggest critic, and i think most of the stuff i write is crap.)

i'll be showing it to the band on tuesday and we'll probably make something wonderful out of it.

so i guess this thread may only be for musicans, but theres lots of you on here.

so share an experience of yours that you've turned into, in your opinion, a pretty damn good song.

Guest markovianprocess

I'd been criticised during a prolonged argument with someone in the music community for "talking more than writing", so I sat down for 2 days (about 15 hours work in total over that period) and wrote an EP of 4 songs.

To date, I think it's still my best release. Two of the songs were featured in a YouTube viral video with 1.6 million plays, and in two other YouTube videos so far (one from Portugal, and another from somewhere in Asia), and the last song on the EP was featured in an XBox Live video game.

I'd been criticised during a prolonged argument with someone in the music community for "talking more than writing", so I sat down for 2 days (about 15 hours work in total over that period) and wrote an EP of 4 songs.

To date, I think it's still my best release. Two of the songs were featured in a YouTube viral video with 1.6 million plays, and in two other YouTube videos so far (one from Portugal, and another from somewhere in Asia), and the last song on the EP was featured in an XBox Live video game.

links?

Last summer I quit my band of 6 years and wrote some shit... I don't know if anyone else thinks its any good but it was pretty cathartic and really made me feel like I did the right thing by quitting and focusing on my life with my fiance and college...

All of the songs I did with one guitar take and one vocal take...It came out really raw and is probably one of the things in my life that i am most proud of....never played any shows or anything like I planned to, but it served its purpose

I actually made like 100 cds of it that are handnumberd and contain different art on each one...if you are interested hit me up and I'll send you one...like I said, I planned on doing a tour but never really got the time so they are just sitting in my closet...

Check it out here: www.seemoreglass.bandcamp.com

or check out my old band: www.myspace.com/dearholden

Guest markovianprocess

links?

Viral Video (1.7 million plays) -

Link to the game (Pixel Boarder for XBLA, skip to 40 seconds in and you'll see in the head section of the character builder my artist name Sycamore Drive next to a pixellated representation of my face you can choose to play as in the game)

Three other random YT videos with my music -

(at like 2 minutes in)

Free music download links

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Sycamore_Drive/