PO: Opeth-Heritage

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this merch booth takes cash only because if they let me slide my card it could be a very expensive night.

Bring cash and leave your card at home. That's usually what I do. Although I usually spend every bit of the cash I bring!

I read elsewhere that Opeth had a shirt with a turntable on the back? Did anyone see something like that?

Yep. That's the one I bought. It's got the band name on the front and a turntable on the back with the tour dates swirling around the record.

That sounds awesome. Thanks for all the information. Now I know I'll be able to limit myself to $40 on merch... unless the girlfriend wants a shirt too.

I hope you enjoyed the show. A lot of people are bitching about the setlist. I think it's great that they're doing playing what they want and feel confident in their new material. It'll be my first time seeing Opeth live, pretty pumped.

What's the setlist like? Lots of stuff of the new album or more of a mix of stuff?

I'm starting to come around on this album as well.

This was the setlist for the Worcester show:

The Devil's Orchard

I Feel the Dark

Face of Melinda

Porcelain Heart

Nepenthe

Mike and Fredrik bust out acoustic guitars for these three:

Throat of Winter

Credence

Patterns In the Ivy II

Slither

A Fair Judgement

Hex Omega

Encore:

Folklore

This setlist is a freakin' joke...I mean, c'mon...no growling? I really think that it has something to do with Mikael's health...maybe he can't growl for longer than 5 minutes anymore... :/

I think Mikael's health is fine, considering he played plenty of growling songs over the summer. I think he just wants the Heritage tour to have a different vibe. Personally, I thought the show was awesome, but busting out Heir Apparent or Masters Apprentices would have been killer too. Either way, they're great live. You can't really loose.

I'd love to see The Lines in My Hand - that song rocks.

To those wondering "why?" about the current album/setlist, this new interview should take care of it: http://www.guitarworld.com/interview-opeths-mikael-akerfeldt-talks-about-bands-new-album-heritage

Thanks for the link. That was a good read. If Opeth puts out another record after this one, it will definitely be interesting to see what direction they go in.

Their show tonight was awesome. I was very impressed by Mikael's vocals. They were spot on, very impressive.

Their merch situation was pretty fucked. They were sold out of both tour t-shirts. If someone could pick one up for me on a later tour date (assuming they restock the merch) I'd really appreciate it. The black shirt with green print would be preferred. It would mean a lot.

well fuck.

that will bum me out if they don't have shit for merch on monday.

They had the slipmats, I picked those up. They only had one of the tour shirts in a size small and a few sizes of the hoodie... not much else. I assume eventually they'll restock it, there's still a bunch of tour dates. Maybe they even had more with them and just didn't bring it in, I don't know. If they have either tour shirt in a size large when you see them help a guy out! I love me some tour t-shirts.