Surprise Record Store Day?

I had a record store totally try to dick me over in RSD this year with ebay shit so I appreciate the honest record stores out there. Don't go to revolver records in Phoenix! Short story is this. I called ahead and they told me they had 1 copy of City and Color - Sometimes. I get my ass there bright and early and was 3rd in line. When I get in the store I don't see the record I was looking for anywhere so I ask the owner about it. He pulls some shit like "oh this was priced at $25 but it is currently selling for $90 on ebay so we raised the price to $75." Shady son of a bitch! I had to haggle on the price and still feel like I got ripped off! That was the first and only time I will visit that store.

But yes Zia records did a black friday RSD last year. The only thing I remember was a limited edition of The Black Keys - Brothers.

email the RSD folks and report that store to the people who run RSD. they don't like stores who do shit like that. they take this kind of stuff very seriously and will not allow that store to particpate in the future or receive any RSD releases anymore.

I've done that two years in a row. They didn't care the first time and they sure as shit didn't care this year, since Sony and Warner Bros. are in charge now. The RSD people don't give a shit as long as they make their money.

email the RSD folks and report that store to the people who run RSD. they don't like stores who do shit like that. they take this kind of stuff very seriously and will not allow that store to particpate in the future or receive any RSD releases anymore.

I've done that two years in a row. They didn't care the first time and they sure as shit didn't care this year, since Sony and Warner Bros. are in charge now. The RSD people don't give a shit as long as they make their money.

they seemed to care when SRC was caught scamming their way into RSD this past year.

they seemed to care when SRC was caught scamming their way into RSD this past year.

Ya how did SRC get copies? I thought it was brick and mortar only?

Ya how did SRC get copies? I thought it was brick and mortar only?

there was a whole thread about it, and it may have been discussed in a few of the many RSD release threads like City & Colour and Transit. i don't feel lkike digging up the thread, but do a search for it and it should come up.

I seem to remember that the only people upset about SRC having copies were people on this board. I could be wrong though, RSD is a blur.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a record shop owner / participant in Record Store Day.

Carry & Rock On. Vinyl Rules.

I had a record store totally try to dick me over in RSD this year with ebay shit so I appreciate the honest record stores out there. Don't go to revolver records in Phoenix! Short story is this. I called ahead and they told me they had 1 copy of City and Color - Sometimes. I get my ass there bright and early and was 3rd in line. When I get in the store I don't see the record I was looking for anywhere so I ask the owner about it. He pulls some shit like "oh this was priced at $25 but it is currently selling for $90 on ebay so we raised the price to $75." Shady son of a bitch! I had to haggle on the price and still feel like I got ripped off! That was the first and only time I will visit that store.

But yes Zia records did a black friday RSD last year. The only thing I remember was a limited edition of The Black Keys - Brothers.

That completely blows.

It is just my perspective and I have no say in the matter but "dealers" like that are douchenozzles and should not be allowed to participate in RSD.

The concept isn't bad. People make it that way.

What a tool that guy is. He gives dealers a bad name.

Tell him I said he sucks.