Music On Vinyl to release Universal titles

Why are they etching the D-Side of Lullabies. They should leave it spread across all 4 sides like the first press. That's retarded and now they'll have some dumb reason ("special treatment") to REALLY overcharge for it.

Does Universal have the rights to Songs For The Deaf? Because if so, that should have bee the first QOTSA album they repressed.

I wasn't sure if Universal owned Interscope but I just checked and they do. WTF. Should have done Songs.

The original 2LP had a few bonus tracks. Perhaps they're just repressing it as the standard album. I'm probably wrong but who knows.

Songs For The Deaf > Lullabies To Paralyze

Alright Mike, don't start any of that > < or = to shit. :P

Wow. That blows. What a waste of space and my money. Note to artists and records execs: We I buy vinyl for the music not some laser etched artwork.

I'm considering NOT buying the QotSA re-issue because of this.

Fixed. Personally, I think etching/screened B- or D-sides look awesome, and I know I'm not the only one who shares this sentiment. Don't try to speak for the community as a whole when the issue in question is opinion-based.

Also, do you get this offended every time you see an album with an empty side, or is this the first time you're seeing this? Because etched sides is common enough that if you have been collecting records for even half a year you should have encountered at least one.

Wow. That blows. What a waste of space and my money. Note to artists and records execs: We I buy vinyl for the music not some laser etched artwork.

I'm considering NOT buying the QotSA re-issue because of this.

Fixed. Personally, I think etching/screened B- or D-sides look awesome, and I know I'm not the only one who shares this sentiment. Don't try to speak for the community as a whole when the issue in question is opinion-based.

Also, do you get this offended every time you see an album with an empty side, or is this the first time you're seeing this? Because etched sides is common enough that if you have been collecting records for even half a year you should have encountered at least one.

Well said. I think the etching looks great.

• 2 months later...

OK, fair enough. I have been buying LP since the 1993, so yes, I have come across and even own a few blank sided disks and etchings.

I am glad you enjoy etchings. I would prefer music in the unused space. Especially when the original pressing used that space for music.

Aug 25, 2011, 3:55pm, kannibal wrote:

Picked this up on a whim because of the clearance price. Maybe i'll just keep it sealed on the shelf...

Read more: http://vinylcollective.proboards.com/ind....#ixzz1d2oV3X9 r

That last quote is taken out of context. The discussion was on how bad the clear vinyl reissue sounded. Some people said it sounded like crap. I have since listened to it and I didn't think it sounded too bad.