MMA discussion

If your a fan of MMA or martial-arts in general.

Fight predictions for this weekend- UFC 134

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami

Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub

my predictions: Silva def Okami- by submission

Shogun def Griffin, by submission

Nogueria def Shaub by Submission

I used to be really, really into MMA but now with everyone always getting injured and all the replacements, I've had a harder time following it.

I went to Dream 6 in Japan and saw Bas Rutten in the airport. He took a picture with my friend and I and talked to us for quite awhile. Such a cool guy!

[image]

Excited for this show. Hope the hurricane doesn't ruin the night.

Rooting for Schaub. I read somewhere that Nog doesn't want to train with gay fighters.

Chael Sonnen is supposed to be in Okami's corner, I want to see a shoving match outside the cage between him & Seagal or something.

I had no idea Schaub was gay, thats news to me.

sonnen will not be at the event, he has been getting death threats because of some of his remarks towards some Brazillian fighters. and one of the huge sponsors of the match said they would pull their support if he shows up.

you can read about this on, www.mmajunkie.com

im not much of a follower of ufc, but i still watch most of the ppvs.

that being said, i had no idea what tonights card looked like until about 3 days ago. then i lost my shit when i found out 3 of my 5 favorites are set to fight.

I wanna see Silva lose! I think Okami has the skills to beat him, sadly Silva is a fucking beast! Big Nog is gonna get rocked by Shaub, and we all know that Rua always comes back after a big loss. I like Griffin but I don't think his mind is in the right place to win fights anymore. I hope I'm wrong but I feel like he's gonna go the Stephan Boner route starting with this fight.

Rooting for Schaub. I read somewhere that Nog doesn't want to train with gay fighters.

Chael Sonnen is supposed to be in Okami's corner, I want to see a shoving match outside the cage between him & Seagal or something.

I just watched Okami coming into the arena but no Sonnen with him. It will be interesting to see if he shows up considering ALL of Brazil wants his head haha

I just watched Okami coming into the arena but no Sonnen with him. It will be interesting to see if he shows up considering ALL of Brazil wants his head haha

read what I wrote earlier about Sonnen, he wont be there, he has gotten too many death threats.

Anderson Silva just did what Anderson Silva does. Stalks you for the first round, then starts dropping people with MOTHERFUCKING JABS in the second. Then, the second time you've been knocked down by a MOTHERFUCKING JAB, he figures out where he wants to punch you in the face on the ground.

Dude is a G. His head movement is beyond everything.

silva must have some sort of hypnotizing glare during his fights. he puts his hands at his waist, and dudes are still terrified to even try throwing a punch.

i dont think theres a more entertaining athlete in the world.

silva must have some sort of hypnotizing glare during his fights. he puts his hands at his waist, and dudes are still terrified to even try throwing a punch.

i dont think theres a more entertaining athlete in the world.

It really upsets me when Silva, stops drops his hands and just looks at the other guy, I think its being cocky and disrespectful. just like when he fought in abu dhabi, just danced around and didnt do much.

I have never liked him for that reason, I want to see him get knocked out, and beaten senseless.

Anderson is the king of mental warfare. He lets the opponent control the first act of the fight and then once he has your timing figured out he picks you apart. He is so far ahead of the rest of the division that he KOs the best it can offer with jabs and front kicks. It must be completely disheartening to be a professionally trained fighter at the top of your sport and be unable to punch the man with his hands down directly in front of you. If Anderson figures out how to do that to you, you have already lost. Suddenly you're on your ass because of a shot you didnt see coming.

When great fighters are so far ahead of their peers that they can drop their hands and simply school you with head movement, they are once a generation. This is Ali shit. This is Roy Jones in his prime. The best fighter in MMA history.