PO: Opeth - Heritage colored versions /100

theinkd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - I'm seeing them tomorrow night. If anyone wants me to look for something for them, let me know. I have no clue as to what their merch table will have.

i saw them about a week ago, they have a whole bunch of shirts, a hoodie, the heritage cd and the slips mats. there might be a few other small things as well

oh and what a great show it was! don't expect any screaming!

FYI - I'm seeing them tomorrow night. If anyone wants me to look for something for them, let me know. I have no clue as to what their merch table will have.

Enjoy the show! They were really tight when I saw them in MA at the start of the tour. Plus, A Fair Judgement and I Feel The Dark live were killer.

Picked up the light blue. Annoyed that I missed out on the Burgundy though! That colour was really nice. If anyone changes their mind and wants to trade a light blue for a burgundy, I'm up for that.

For once shipping was cheap for me because I'm UK :D Makes a nice change after shelling out $40 on the shipping for the Botch album.

somebody convince me to listen to this record. i havent heard much good about it at all.

Depends on what you're looking for and what your general music tastes are. Definitely a new direction for Opeth. When I first listened to it I had mixed feelings, but it really keeps growing on me. Now I love it. However, I would definitely check out some of the songs online before you put any money down, because it's definitely not another Blackwater Park.

Check out the NPR stream of the entire album:

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/11/140288664/first-listen-opeth-heritage

somebody convince me to listen to this record. i havent heard much good about it at all.

Just understand that nearly ALL of the "bad reviews" of this album come from fans who think that every album should be just like Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries, MAYH, Still Life, etc. There are some comments about the composition and transitions being a little awkward, which in some places is true, but overall this album is WAY better than the (very loud - thanks Internet) minority are screaming about.

My perspective - as a relatively NEWER Opeth fan - and complete music addict (everything from Lady Gaga to Gojira to Gustav Holst), is that this album is superb. Crank it up on a nice pair of headphones or stereo system and you'll immediately understand that this, while not being about traditional Opeth and doing what they do, is a well-executed celebration of folk/progressive music, but still with that Opeth mood/vibe. I love, love this album.

If you're able to put this on, sit back, grab a drink, dive in and listen to this for what it is, you'll think it's great. If you're unable to listen to something by Opeth that you can't really rank alongside their back catalog, you'll be very disappointed. If you ONLY listen to Opeth for growly vocals, you'll cry to your mother.