Head Automatica - Decadence skipping issues

Anyone else have problem with this record skipping really bad? I think it skipped 10 times just in the first song on the A-side, so I turned it off and cleaned it, and it didn't fix the issue. Was wondering if the press might be bad, or if I just got a fucked up copy.

Anyone else have problem with this record skipping really bad? I think it skipped 10 times just in the first song on the A-side, so I turned it off and cleaned it, and it didn't fix the issue. Was wondering if the press might be bad, or if I just got a fucked up copy.

mine plays mine, it is the blue/green split (if that matters)

is this from hot topic? if so I wouldnt be surprised that it skips on the first track 10 times or so. I recently bought NIN-Pretty Hate Machine at a HT and the first song had the same exact issue as yours with the skipping, but it being 100% clean and no scratches. They were nice enough to take it back the next day and i got a new one. Brought that home and it skipped in the same exact places! I kept it cause I didnt feel like wasting another $7 in gas to go back. I asked Travis if he has heard an issues about the NIN and he said not that he was aware of.

I'd triple check your counterweight and anti-skating - assuming your record player has them - because that tends to be the culprit most of the time.

I just adjusted it the other day when I got a bunch of new records, because I've neglected the player for a few weeks.

And yeah, I got it off HT.com