New member Here - My Return To Vinyl Story!

Yeah, it depends on how you grew up and the music you were exposed to. My dad was an avid record collector and I learned so much about music from him. So I always had that knowledge, love, and appreciation of the classic and obscure rock n' roll from the '50s to now.

That was a constant alongside my vast tastes in punk and indie. Being a collector of all these different types of records would run me into homelessness if I didn't have my willpower.

I'm 35 and I inherited my dad's entire collection except his Beatles 45 picture sleeves (including rare versions of My Bonnie and Why/Cry For A Shadow). He sold those to help pay for medical bills :(

Welcome to the board, best of luck to you!

My dad has all the US Beatles LPs sealed (except for the White Album and Magical Mystery Tour). I will inherit those some day.

i 'inherited' (read that as: slowly had the records migrate into my collection) all my mom's old albums. beatles, cat stevens, billy joel, mostly 60s and 70s music.

random factoid: i also buy any copy of todd rundgren's live album recorded in central park that i come across because they used a crowd shot on the back of the album and my uncle who passed away last year is on it, which i think is pretty cool.

i 'inherited' (read that as: slowly had the records migrate into my collection) all my mom's old albums. beatles, cat stevens, billy joel, mostly 60s and 70s music.

random factoid: i also buy any copy of todd rundgren's live album recorded in central park that i come across because they used a crowd shot on the back of the album and my uncle who passed away last year is on it, which i think is pretty cool.

first...sorry about your uncle

and second...todd rundgren is the fucking man. my stepdad listened to a bunch of shit, but rundgren always stuck with me. love his shit. the wife always laughs at me when i put a record from him on. lost a bunch of records my stepdad gave me when our basement flooded and he had pretty much every rundgren had on vinyl.... the nazz, utopia....all that shit. can't wait to get that all back.