WTB: KISS sonic boom vinyl

RustyShackelford

This sold out so fast I couldnt get a copy of it. I found it amazing that so many were pressed and it still sold for over 300 for quite a while.

In KISS related collecting, do you find yourself trying to just get a copy of the albums or do you try to find ones with all inserts in them?

Ive been lucky enough to get most of them with the original inserts for dirt cheap prices. I think one of the only ones I don't have with the insert is love gun (which is a shame) and hotter than hell.

I could believe how much it sold for either. I really hope the prices come down soon

I had a sealed copy of Love Gun for a while. I sold it off during the time period when I couldn't find a job right after moving to Chicago.

Before I started buying most of my music on vinyl, I had a complete domestic discography on cd (including compilations) up until the box set. I just lost the swing of things at that point.

RIght now, I'm mainly trying for the early 90s stuff because I think that's when they were at their musical peak in terms of technical proficiency. Kulick and Singer were fantastic players.

And I still dream of a day when Carnival of Souls makes it to vinyl. Love that album.

Oh, I love Destroyer, don't get me wrong. I practically think Hotter Than Hell is a downtempo punk album. That one is just so raw and the songs are just fantastic. I guess I just love the production on that one.

I'm just mad I missed out on seeing the 90s non makeup years live. My first show ever was on the Reunion Tour, so yeah.

I've seen them ten times since '96. Twice on the Reunion Tour (once with D Generation opening), twice on Psycho Circus, Twice on the Farewell Tour, Twice on the tour with Aerosmith, once on the Rock the nation tour with Poison (who were miserable to watch because I don't think there's a single Poison song I even think to myself "oh, this is at least listenable"), and once on that last tour with The Academy Is... opening for them. TAI were fantastic for that tour, I thought. Odd pairing, but man, they were good for the Chicago date.

After the tour where poison opened, I decided the opener would have to be REALLY stellar for me to want to go see them again. Or the set lists would have to be changed up quite a bit, as I found the RTN tours and the most recent ones were really good. And now with the cruise thing they're doing, they've been breaking out stuff like "Comin' Home." If they start adding "Comin' Home" to the normal set list rotation, I don't care how much tickets will be. I'm there.