VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Was I the only one hoping for a dance off between rikishi and brodus clay? Opportunity missed. So obvious cena is going over on punk. I doubt they will make cena the first ever to lose his money in the bank match

it seemed obvious. and then once clay came out 20 minutes later, i was goin all sorts of zack ryder.

tout. holy fucking hell tout. tout could be the straw that breaks this camels back.

I read somewhere the Vince actually owns part of Tout, so we'll be hearing about it more than we heard about twitter. I personally have never heard of Tout before and I'm not even going to bother looking into it.

Raw was a lot better than i thought it would be. i figured they'd just save everything for Raw 1000. Although i am excited for D. Bry getting so much TV time, wrestling weddings never really entertain me. Hopefully this one will feature crazy AJ being crazy and a vegan cake. And maybe Kane setting something on fire. i was real excited when Miz came out as Eve's partner; i think a D. Bry/Miz feud could be great. Also, i'm really excited for Dolph/Jericho, but Dolph is right: Jericho needs to pick up a win here or there. Seems like he hasn't won a match in months.

As much as i have loved the build for Raw 1000, i'll be really sad when we don't see Heath Slater getting squashed by a legend every week. Seriously, i look forward to trying to guess who it will be every week. Also, Slater's video montage last night was pretty funny; that guy has grown on me. A lot of people think Undertaker is coming back next week to finish the story, which would be pretty cool.

Finally, let's talk about Punk. He's not winning next week, right? He just can't. He's going to be sent to an upper mid-card feud with the Big Show or Kane or something awful along those lines while Rock/Cena and Triple H/Lesnar have the spotlight and build nothing for the future. Why use legends to help young guys when you can have legends help... other legends?! You know, God bless John Cena and the Rock; they can have their 30 minute Iron Man Tweet-Off at Summerslam or their Social Media Submission matches or whatever they want to do, i just won't watch. Really nothing for me to relate to or care about.

I think Punk will retain, but it won't be clean. I think someone will interfer so Cena can be "you cost me my shot at the title" then go feud with them. Leaving Punk open to feud with someone else for the title (I'm guessing The Rock). I know the WWE isn't exactly consistant with their storylines etc. But I think if they put Cena and The Rock back in a feud this soon after Mania it won't draw at all. The match between the two was afterall dubbed "once in a lifetime" and to have them feud again after a "once in a lifetime" match would not sit well with people. It's better for them to put The Rock in a feud with someone else. That's just my opinion though and I'm wrong more times than I'm right.

Maybe you're right, man. i really hope that Cena loses and Punk continues on to feud with Rock. That would be a far more compelling story to me, but i'm not sure where Cena would go from there. Maybe D. Bry? Or Tensai :ph34r:

Thing is, i just have a bad feeling we're in for a summer of "Kung Pao Bitch" and Twitter promos. Really hope i'm wrong.

you mean kung tout bitch promos?

i dont give a fuck what they do with cena at this point... because no matter the case, its going to bore me. the ONLY thing we can hope for is something at least somewhat fresh. jern being yipped up and motivated for a reason other than "overcome!"

I think no matter what sometime between now and Mania we'll be subjected to endless color by numbers promos from The Rock. The sad thing is that they're probably going to put the belt on him at some point too. I'm starting to just ignore that crap. Just pay attention to guys like Ziggler, Sandow, Rhodes or whoever you like and ignore Cena and that crap.

At least someone like Jericho comes back and sticks around to help put guys over/take bumps etc. The Rock and Lesnar are only back to collect pay cheques and it takes so much away from the actual fans (like us who watch week in and week out).

There is no way that Cena is going to lose but I think that it's not going to be clean so that Punk still had some credibility. It also sets up the match between the two for SummerSlam. It's pretty much written in stone that Cena wins. I wish the money in the bank was how it used to be with it being one case and you could go for either belt that way it would set up a Punk/Ziggler feud. I really feel they dropped the ball with AJ at the ppv. She was just a waste and I think it took away from the match since she didn't choose and help someone. I hear rumors that the Undertaker gets to choose his opponent at Wrestlemania and that Cena is on the short list for oppenents and could end the streak.

agreed.. designated briefcases take a lot of the fun out of it. anytime sheamus is even slightly incapacitated from here on out, youll simply expect to hear what should be the "I AM PERFECTION" theme. any champ at any time is way more fun.

ive been way too caught up with punk/bryan to even consider either of them feuding with ass man part deux. either option would kick buckets of ass, and hopefully its something we see sometime in the next year.

i totally understand where youre coming from with aj. it was awesome the way she had "joker* try-outs" during the match, making them fight over the chair. but its fair to say we were ALL expecting some real payoff.

i probably mentioned it back on page 3 or something, but after last years mitb, my friends and i were saying it would be way cooler if someone could cash in the contract on a shot at the streak. something way more sacred than a title held by khali and jack swagger.

but of course itll be cena.

*as i mention the potential dark knight reference, it reminds me of how harley quinn her kane outfit was.

As much as i want to see Cena/Undertaker (probably moreso than i did Rock/Cena, which was not at all), i really can't imagine the rage if Cena ends the streak. i really think that WWE would lose a lot of people if they went through with that. Still, i'd love to see that match.

I honestly believe (and once again I'm not right often) that it will have to be a younger guy to beat Taker at Mania. Whoever beats him will go over huge and there's no sense in wasting that on Cena.

That's exactly what i mean. Cena doesn't need it. A guy like Barrett or Sheamus could go a long way as the guy who ended the streak, but Cena is already a megastar.

i watched the Samoa Joe/Kurt Angle match from Lockdown 2008 last night. Two of my favorite wrestlers; i am really glad that Joe is a contender in the BFG series this year. i would love to see him in WWE, if only for a year or two before he retires. It would be awesome to see him wrestle Punk and Bryan again, as well as Ziggler, Swagger, and maybe even Cena.

Believe me I don't want to see Cena do it either and I know that Taker has said he wants to end the streak by helping someone get over even more but the streak is pretty big and they are not going to give it to anyone who isn't already sort of a main eventer. Apparently it's his choice but the short list is Rock, Lesnar and Cena, which means Cena since it would mean more to him. It's sort of how Stone Cold lost to the Rock which propelled Rock even further. Rick didn't need it but it solidified his place in wrestling history even though they were both huge stars at the time. It will be interesting to see what he decides but Rock going for the title I can really see it going to Cena.

They should have had Edge be the one to go over Taker a few years back. It was set up perfectly with streak vs streak and Edge being someone believable to do it and not upset the crowd. They only have a few believable people to do it now, and if Sheamus was the one to do it I think the place would riot. Barrett possibly, but he hasnt done enough by himself to make it believable that he could do it. Perhaps Brodus Clay or Ryback can squash their way to WM and take on Taker. Im surprised Vince hasnt thrown that idea out there yet.

I heard Sheamus wants to do it but it has to be a someone big. I mean Triple H couldn't do it twice, Shawn Michaels couldn't do it twice. There is no way they would let someone who isn't a big star do it. Than again maybe they will have Rock screw over Cena in his match with Punk and be the first to lose the cash in match setting up Rock/Cena II. That way Taker can take on Sheamus. I don't think Cena ending the streak is a waste from a business point of view it would give them huge ratings and it would push Cena to the same level as the greats. If you look at who Cena has wrestled and beat it pales in comparison to the who people like Jericho, Rock and Stone Cold beat. Him beating Taker would put him in that level. Either way I hope they do something exciting with it like the last few Taker Wrestlemania matches.

I don't think Vince is that stupid. He must realize Ryback is not a lasting gimmick.

Vince thinks them chanting Goldberg is a good thing and thinks its awesome. I will wait to see what this big angle that is happening on Monday (supposedly rivals the debut of Nexus and Summer of Punk) before I say Vince has completely lost his touch, but its pretty damn close.

The problem with Ryback is that no one wants to work with him. There have been multiple reports coming out saying that a lot of guys backstage think he;s sloppy and wreckless and refuse to work with him. I also read a couple articles saying Triple H wants title holders to have longer runs with their titles to make them mean something again and as a result of this it's believed Punk won't drop his title to Cena. So maybe there is hope afterall.

i don't think it's how long you hold it that makes it mean something, i think it's how you treat it. When you have punk have championship matches on ppv's and then have ryback or diva's matches following that (this has happened on a few ppv's), that's where the championship is buried. The championship fight was always the headlining fight. The main event. They should go back to that.

Did anyone see Impact last night? There were some good matches (Joe/Pope, AJ/Anderson, and Roode/Aries), but no knockouts and too much "Aces and Eights." Why wouldn't the entire locker room just come out and stop them from attacking? Stupid.

Also, RVD has the worst music ever. Terrible, awful, stupid theme song.

Did anyone see Impact last night? There were some good matches (Joe/Pope, AJ/Anderson, and Roode/Aries), but no knockouts and too much "Aces and Eights." Why wouldn't the entire locker room just come out and stop them from attacking? Stupid.

Also, RVD has the worst music ever. Terrible, awful, stupid theme song.

By that logic the nWo angle would have never worked. I thought that so many times during the nWo but simply dismissed it cause it was awesome to watch. However that got somewhat validated when bischoff was revealed as part of it.

It made sense that he allowed the nWo to takeover cause he was running wcw. I wonder if the same premise will take place here