VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Honestly SummerSlam was not as bad as people are saying it was. It was leaps and bounds better than this years Elimination Chamber.

Yeah but it is summerslam. The biggest pasty of the summer. Second biggest ppv to wrestlemania. It sucked. Everything went downhill after jericho/ziggler

it didnt suck, but it was entirely underwhelming. aside from BARACK LESNAR actually wrestilng, they didnt accomplish anything that they couldnt have on raw. and thats magnified by el gatos point.. this isnt just a ppv, its one of the BIGGEST ppvs.

and any energy that building had was completely sucked dry by kevin rudolf. it was bad enough having to hear that song played constantly throughout the show, but then we had to endure a god awful performance instead of, oh i dont know, a wrestling match? maybe something like brodous clay vs sandow like we all expected?or maybe a match featuring 2 or 3 of the girls forced to make assholes of themselves flailing around beside that little chicken shit.

VKM, im with you man. im done watching for now. ill stay up on it, but im done wasting my monday nights like this.

I'm telling you guys PVR Raw or download it the next day. Or if you live in Canada watch the stream on The Score. That way you can fast forward through all of the crap.

You're right, nothing happened on the PPV that they couldn't have done on Raw (minus Y2J's win ... he needed a PPV win to position him for when he gets back). But that aside it still wasn't bad. Considering some of the other shit they've tried to pass off as a PPV in the past year.

its not just about being annoyed at all the bullshit i have to sift through at this point though. its this terrible habit theyve made of forcing us to cheer for despicable characters. sheamus steals a car, sneak attacks, cheats, and makes racially driven jokes... and adr is the bad guy.

kane cleanly loses a match as "the good guy" and goes batshit insane, and daniel bryan gets punished.

jericho cleanly loses a match as "the good guy", and attacks ziggler after the match.

brodous cleanly loses a match as the good guy, and attacks sandow after... and then dances with children.

the line has been blurry ever since punk took a seat at the top of the ramp last summer. and surely before that too, but that was a clear turning point.

but its egregious by now. when a quarter of your programming is your company patting itself on the back from promoting BE A STAR! and teaching kids not to be bullies, the other 3/4 of the show theyre making kids cheer for the bullies.

I'm not sure why they even had a match for that? Could they not just play off "my foot was on the ropes"?

Right now I'm thinking ADR is just filler until Barrett comes back. The house show I'm going to in a couple weeks has the main event listed as a triple threat for the WHC between ADR, Sheamus and Barrett.

On Smackdown they don't really have anyone else besides ADR at the moment. Which sucks because they don't work well together. But with Barrett coming back than they can put him in the mix. I am still waiting to see what they do with the Zig man since he deserves the belt more than anyone at the moment.

Rhodes, Christian, Bryan, Sandow, Ziggler, Swagger, Kane (move him over to Smackdown), Barrett. All guys I'd rather see in a title feud than ADR again. ADR has not elevated his character at all in the past year. It's still the same boring shit. Fuck the WWE for pushing him down our throats.

I actually like ADR. I just don't think he fits well with Sheamus. As far as Rhodes goes, I don't think he is ready yet for the belt, Christian isn't a heel. All the rest would be awesome to see but I don't know how well they would fit with Sheamus and thanks to Triple H we are stuck with Sheamus. How you feel about ADR is how I feel about Sheamus. Sheamus is a horrible story teller in the ring and hardly ever shows damage from getting hit with something. He is one step away from grabbing the ropes and Ultimating out or Hulking out. I would rather see Orton as the face or Christian or even make Bryan a face again.

Ummm Christian/Orton was a great feud where there was a story that just kept on building and both wrestlers evolved their characters as the story line progressed.

Sheamus/ADR is nothing more than an annoyance that won't go away. Neither of those guys do shit to advance the feud or their characters. It's the same boring shit every time. I'm really looking forward to ADR calling Sheamus a peasant for another month.

Yeah when Christian came back from TNA he really evolved as a wrestler and was better at telling a story. He really helped Orton shine and brought out the best from Orton. Orton is kinda bland and has a 5 moves of doom feel but with Christian wrestling him he changed things up. That's the difference between the two feuds. ADR/ Sheamus have no chemistry and Sheamus sells nothing when he wrestles him. Christian/Orton had drama, suspense and believability. I think Sheamus/Bryan work better but that is mostly because Bryan like Christian can bring the best out of people. I like ADR he is a good worker and does one of the best enzuigiris in the business. I think they should switch him back to Raw.

per my previous post, we have

over the limit. to be fair this match also featured jericho and orton. but still...

no way out. to be fair, this match didn't happen. adr was hurt, and ziggles fought

money in the bank

summerslam

and now, night of champions

i didnt watch raw last night. i just couldnt devote another 3 hours to it. i didnt intend to watch at all, but my twitter feed convinced me i had to get into it, so i got through it in about 75-90 minutes this afternoon. ok, probably more like 65 minutes, since i skipped the ENTIRE triple h segment where he jerked himself off with the arm that was supposed to be broken.

kane's anger management session was one of the 2012 highlights however. that was brilliant.

I've recently got back into the wrestling (just before Wrestlemania) so I'm far from knowledgeable but I agree with the general consensus here that Sheamus/ADR is fucking boring. Punk turning heel again because of "respect" is dumb.

I'll be going to the show tomorrow night here in Melbourne, Australia, but I'm not sure what to expect. I don't know if it's going to be Smackdown or Raw seeing as there have been events in 2 other cities in the past 2 nights. I would assume you won't be getting it live in America unless they air it at a ridiculous time (2am west coast, 5am east coast).