Kickstarter: TILTS (mem TORCHE/ex-RIDDLE OF STEEL)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS EVENT IS 18 AND OVER

$3 minor surcharge at the door

- Does this mean they charge anyone 18-20 an extra $3 to enter? Is this common out there? Don't care about the sound system etc - it would be a bullshit policy. And I know Robotic Empire has nothing to do with the event.

(I need to still pitch in on the Tilts records - glad it's going through.)

That's exactly what that means. Most of the venues in St. Louis do this.

THIS EVENT IS 18 AND OVER

$3 minor surcharge at the door

- Does this mean they charge anyone 18-20 an extra $3 to enter? Is this common out there? Don't care about the sound system etc - it would be a bullshit policy. And I know Robotic Empire has nothing to do with the event.

(I need to still pitch in on the Tilts records - glad it's going through.)

That's exactly what that means. Most of the venues in St. Louis do this.

There's a few bars that do stuff similar to this here in Sacramento. A nightclub that I used to work security at started charging an extra $5 on top of the regular cover charge to anyone under 25. It seems pretty fucked up but it did minimize the amount of "riff raff."

Heads Up: one week from now we plan to cease the $60 and $100 tier reward items so we can get the vinyl production under way!

So if you wanna get in on the custom test press and/or your photo in the actual layout... last chance ta dance!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roboticempire/tilts-debut-album-release-on-vinyl-digital-and-way

Happy Holidaze!

Only 1 week left on this jammer, and its likely to be the only pre-order we do for this fantastic TILTS album... at minimum the only way to get the cool other stuff too (stickers, shirts, beer coozies, etc):

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roboticempire/tilts-debut-album-release-on-vinyl-digital-and-way

We're officially in the home stretch now with just 4 days left to go on the TILTS '>Kickstarter campaign!

I've got to be honest, my OCD is gonna have a slight conniption if we don't reach that smooth 3k mark (we're roughly a hundred bucks away)! Its partly an even-number thing, and its partly a "costs covered" kind of thing, as we'll be able to pay for the vinyl pressing up front in full if we hit that 3k mark. T-shirts, hoodies and all the other cool non-music extras will be stuff we'll still be forking out for, but the whole point of this wild project was to see if we could get this LP pressed in full through Kickstarter funding.

If you're willing to help spread the word, even just a quick Facebook or Twitter post, maybe on another forum you post on or your blog... please know, it'd actually be genuinely appreciated. This Kickstarter campaign really would not have worked out without kind folks (and the press) spreading the word, saying kind things on their blog and elsewhere... it means so much to us at the label and the band as well. We're all VERY excited to get the finished LPs, which are in the initial stages of production already :)

THANK YOU to everyone and anyone who's helped contribute to this project in any way, be it pledging for the album, talking trash on a message board, just listening to and enjoying the tunes... or any other way you may have interacted with this crazy thing.

Thanks again, peace!

-Team Robo

[image]

OCD annihilated! This rules, we've pretty much fully covered the vinyl costs now. No increased debt with our (vinyl) manufacturer from this one! Still lots of costs for shirts, hoodies, stickers, beer coozies and whatnot to cover, but who cares: THE LP IS PAID FOR!

3 is clearly the number of the day: 3k goal has been hit, 3 days left to go, 3 (realistic) reward options remain... so lets crank up the ol' OCD again and see if we can get Mercury in retrograde or whatever here:

If we can hit the $3333 mark we'll post (at least) 33seconds of completely new/unreleased TILTS audio, preview clip style, of the stuff they're working on in the studio RIGHT NOW. We've heard some samples and seriously, these boys don't know how to do anything other than completely BRING IT.

That's wassup. This Kickstarter thang has been a trip, but mostly a good one. I've said it before but it still rings true: THANK YOU to everyone who's participated in this crazy endeavour. Word of mouth has been absolutely crucial, and if we can hit that 3.33rpmK goal, we're gonna be in good shape to cover most of the garment & extra expenses as well. PLEASE KEEP SPREADING THE WORD, we're almost in the last inning here folks and its just about time to PARTY! 8-)

Thanks/peace!

* TILTS @ Kickstarter