WTB - Bouncing Souls

arcasis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping they keep the new record that's coming out to 1...maybe 2 variants! HAH!

I read an interview with Greg back in Dec where he said:

"Q: The past few years you guys have released your music in some interesting and unique ways, from your song a month downloads to your extensive vinyl variants. Are you guys planning anything like that this time around.

A: So far, we have not completely 100% decided what we are going to do, but it looks like we are just going to do a normal, straight forward release. But again, I’m not 100%. We are going to have to finalize all of that in the coming weeks."

But I'm sure that has or will change since . . .

Yeah I read that too.

I hope it doesn't/won't change!

Found it. Easy answer: Contract was up and they wanted to do something different.

Cool thanks. I was curious about whether Epitaph dropped them. I guess not.

well there you go..

Arcasis contacted Chris at Chunksaah as well about the Argyle mystery of how many there actually are. He just sent me a message.

Just for shits and giggles I contacted Chunksaah about the mystery surrounding the Argyle EP variants and this was their reply . . .

"Chris- We actually get questions about that record pretty often. the pressing info is a little blurry and mysterious as it's been around since '93! Supposedly the green/yellow cover is the very first press. After that came all the color vinyl and then black. All the color versions are most likely out of 500 each and the black is a few thousand. Hope that helps a little bit, that's the most sense that can be made of it!"

Still somewhat ambiguous but definitely some valuable information there . . . We will never know!

Now all we have to do is track down someone that worked for Rott'N'roll at the time and find out what's the deal with that.

edit:

also

I spoke with the dude at Chunksaah again and he said the Yellow Zero Zero split, Maroon Buglite and Yellow Neurotic all are /500. The companies they used back then did batches of 500, 1000 and so on.

That Rot'n Roll logo is definitely a mystery. My Yellow, Maroon and Green/Yellow print cover all have it. My Green Vinyl came yesterday with 4 OLD stickers, and an OLD patch and without the Rot'n Roll logo? I have 2 regular black vinyl copies that are on Chunksaah only, however one cover is glossy and the like a matte finish . . . Who the hell knows!?

I spoke with the dude at Chunksaah again and he said the Yellow Zero Zero split, Maroon Buglite and Yellow Neurotic all are /500. The companies they used back then did batches of 500, 1000 and so on.

That Rot'n Roll logo is definitely a mystery. My Yellow, Maroon and Green/Yellow print cover all have it. My Green Vinyl came yesterday with 4 OLD stickers, and an OLD patch and without the Rot'n Roll logo? I have 2 regular black vinyl copies that are on Chunksaah only, however one cover is glossy and the like a matte finish . . . Who the hell knows!?

Yeah, someone at Chunksaah had told me that they had no idea because the Argyle's have been pressed so many times. As far as the old stickers, did they look like this? I don't remember which one of my records this came with but it came with one of the older colored 7"s.

[image]

also have this poster with another old logo that was apparently from their first European tour in 1990 or 91.

[image]

• 2 weeks later...