sell me Reinventing Axl Rose variants

RustyShackelford

This is one reason why I'm glad Benny from The Gaslight Anthem demanded that they use one color if they want to keep Sink or Swim in print. His words were "we didn't want to make another Reinventing Axl Rose" in terms of the variants. FOr this, my wallet is grateful.

If only that was true.

Gunner just pressed another new color. Clear green.

But the difference is that he does them one color at a time, 500 at a time, instead of a billion different slightly different color mixes each press.

Benny never mentioned anything about the European distribution of Sink or Swim when I talked to him. This was only in the context of talking about the /100 on black and other US variants, and he mentioned from here on out, all US copies would be on clear like they are now.

But now I have three records I need to pick up from Gunner (newest SOS, newest S&TQ, and the Euro Red City Radio pressing he's got), and that makes the shipping cost a little more worthwhile.

If only that was true.

Gunner just pressed another new color. Clear green.

But the difference is that he does them one color at a time, 500 at a time, instead of a billion different slightly different color mixes each press.

Benny never mentioned anything about the European distribution of Sink or Swim when I talked to him. This was only in the context of talking about the /100 on black and other US variants, and he mentioned from here on out, all US copies would be on clear like they are now.

But now I have three records I need to pick up from Gunner (newest SOS, newest S&TQ, and the Euro Red City Radio pressing he's got), and that makes the shipping cost a little more worthwhile.

You don't really save any money by combining records on international orders because it is done by weight. The last order I placed with him I was charged 21 dollars for shipping 3 records. For just the shipping cost I could buy two copies of RAR from No Idea. I know it is not his fault, but it is ridiculously expensive to buy anything from him.

I hope you dont think I was trashing you Flood as I wasnt. It is a great record, turned me onto folk music for the most part back when it came out. I just dont think I could ever afford to spend that much for one album, I would rather have 90 different albums. It would probably be different if I was in your shoes though with them doing things for you etc.

nah its cool, you're just stating your opinion. i agree its totally retarted to buy 90 copies of the same record... theres just a small handful of bands i bother doing it for... and more often than not i have a personal connection to said band.. so its more of a support thing... on the other hand i probably wouldn't have bought 90 other records.. because at this point in my collection i have more music than i could possibly ever listen to and i've been trying to downsize somewhat to get it to a more reasonable size :)

You don't really save any money by combining records on international orders because it is done by weight. The last order I placed with him I was charged 21 dollars for shipping 3 records. For just the shipping cost I could buy two copies of RAR from No Idea. I know it is not his fault, but it is ridiculously expensive to buy anything from him.

I get that. I just feel that if I get more at once, it's worth the high price of shipping. It's a mental thing. Perhaps irrational, but oh well.