WTB: Say Anything - Is a Real Boy

bluethumb

Lol. I bought a copy for $60, a copy for $45, and traded a copy of The Devil and God for a copy. I've seen one copy go on eBay for $88, one go for $65, and a few others around there. I didn't know they were starting to go that high. I figured $140 was just a fluke. I'm hanging on to my orange copy though. I sold a black/green copy for $60 like last week. Sold the other for like $69 on eBay a while back. It should be getting repressed. They signed to EVR, and Max said "old albums" will be getting pressed on vinyl, so I assume that means In Defense and Real Boy. So if you don't wanna pay that much, you might hold out for a repress.

Kriss, you keep surprising me with all these bands I would have never pictured you listening to. :P

Saw this the other night. Not a big fan of the record but I guess this is a pretty good deal for a Test Press of the record if its normally going for 150-200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Say-Anything-Is-Real-Boy-Test-Press-2x-LP-VG-Saves-Day-Taking-Back-Sunday-/350515608363?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item519c5bbb2b

Kriss, you keep surprising me with all these bands I would have never pictured you listening to. :P

I was 19 once. ;)

Seriously though, I have a couple thousand LP's that I haven't gotten around to listing on my Dead Format and you'd be shocked what all's in my collection - I have a few things in common with a lot of the folks on here, more than I let on anyway...

I was 19 once. ;)

Seriously though, I have a couple thousand LP's that I haven't gotten around to listing on my Dead Format and you'd be shocked what all's in my collection - I have a few things in common with a lot of the folks on here, more than I let on anyway...

Haha. Yeah, I looked over your list one time and was like "I don't know any of this..." :P

But, bluethumb, good luck! There's a copy on eBay right now, but it's apparently got a skip or two.

The way I see it though is that if you're looking for at least close-to-ebay prices, you might as well put it up on ebay. What's the point of taking offers on here that aren't ebay prices to just turn around and put it on ebay to GET ebay prices.

Most of the people that I have bought from on here are super cool and sell things at reasonable prices. For example, I've seen people on here that want $50-65 for Enema of the State, and I just bought a copy for $30 from someone on the boards no problem.

I guess that Derek guy just really pissed me off a week or so ago when he was like "Blah blah, I don't want insane ebay prices. Blah blah I'd rather a true fan get it," and I offer him $140 for his Vheissu (which I think is inCREDIBLY reasonable for both parties), and he is like "I'll probably take your offer," and then says "Nevermind, I'm putting it on ebay."

$70 sounds like an almost-ebay price to me for that Say Anything record.

So is $100 (hint: jrodan)

End rant.

The way I see it though is that if you're looking for at least close-to-ebay prices, you might as well put it up on ebay. What's the point of taking offers on here that aren't ebay prices to just turn around and put it on ebay to GET ebay prices.

Most of the people that I have bought from on here are super cool and sell things at reasonable prices. For example, I've seen people on here that want $50-65 for Enema of the State, and I just bought a copy for $30 from someone on the boards no problem.

I guess that Derek guy just really pissed me off a week or so ago when he was like "Blah blah, I don't want insane ebay prices. Blah blah I'd rather a true fan get it," and I offer him $140 for his Vheissu (which I think is inCREDIBLY reasonable for both parties), and he is like "I'll probably take your offer," and then says "Nevermind, I'm putting it on ebay."

End rant.

Yeah I can see what you're saying for sure.

My quibble with calling Kevin a flipper is that it seems like he was insinuating that he had three copies (three pressings I assumed) and later sold one out of need for money. My personal theory on re-selling records always falls on the end of: had a record, listened to it, needed money, sold it at cost of purchase or more - cool. versus bought a record, didn't listen, solid it at inflated price - not cool.

Maybe I'm still feeling guilty for not giving that copy of Green up to you as easily as I had imagined I would ;)

End rant.

My quibble with calling Kevin a flipper is that it seems like he was insinuating that he had three copies (three pressings I assumed) and later sold one out of need for money. My personal theory on re-selling records always falls on the end of: had a record, listened to it, needed money, sold it at cost of purchase or more - cool. versus bought a record, didn't listen, solid it at inflated price - not cool.

Maybe I'm still feeling guilty for not giving that copy of Green up to you as easily as I had imagined I would ;)

My lack of the Green album is where all of this angst is coming from.

I was mainly being cheeky with my flipping comment.

Ironically, jrodan chimed in, and he's offered up his white Devil and God for the low price of $70PPD and this Say Anything record for a steal of $100PPD claiming "Lower than ebay prices!"

I just don't get that. Then again, I don't get a lot of things (like field hockey and sushi).

and jrodan, you need to quit relying on ebay for your pricing.

this doesnt even make sense. ebay and discogs and collectorsfrenzy and popsike are all valuable ways to price things. while i understand that you may want not want to pay what has clearly already been defined as a price someone was willing to pay is not of my concern. i realize that if i want "ebay prices" i need to go to ebay, but id much rather go here, offer the records for less than ebay and be willing to work deals.

My lack of the Green album is where all of this angst is coming from.

I was mainly being cheeky with my flipping comment.

Ironically, jrodan chimed in, and he's offered up his white Devil and God for the low price of $70PPD and this Say Anything record for a steal of $100PPD claiming "Lower than ebay prices!"

I just don't get that. Then again, I don't get a lot of things (like field hockey and sushi).

for what it's worth - i'm pretty sure i'm recanting the persuasion comment in that other thread and keeping the Green for myself (did you look into that $30 copy at Discogs I linked you to?) ;)

sushi with fish in it? as a vegan I decline. avocado rolls however? let's not get too hasty on the dismissal!