Any illustrators out there?

jeffbo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How quickly do the points for a Wacom wear down? I just got one today and it's awesome, but it seems like I slightly wore down the point already.

I've been using mine for 2 years now. It depends on the user but you shouldn't have already worn it down. You can get replacement nibs but if you take it out a flip it that usually will work too.

That looks great!

Thanks for the tip on the point - I don't think I wore it down, definitely overstated that, I meant to say that it seems I visibly broke it in slightly. Granted, this was in the first half hour of use and after noticing the point, I spent the next several hours pressing much lighter with no problems.

Last night, I dug out an old notebook sketch I did and put some color on it for practice. Working on a larger piece I finished last week with color today. I only spent around 45 minutes on it and it was literally my first shot using the Wacom so it's way rough but for a first time attempt, it was easier to acclimate to than I thought. It's definitely not as natural as holding a pen to paper, but I'm quickly getting comfortable with the pen to tablet.

[image]