early bidders

cadetapplesauce

Guest abravemorning

Just enter in the auction number, your max bid, and your lead time (amount of time before the auction ends), and it will bid for you while you do whatever. You get 3 free snipes for signing up, and I get 3 free snipes for referring you.

There are tons of records that I would only pick up at their initial price so I love bidding early on things that I think shouldn't go for much more than their initial bid. My reasoning is that others who feel similarly won't bid on the record because they see that someone else is willing to pay for it.

If I'm outbid it's because I didn't want to pay that much for the record, it's as simple as that.

I'm patient enough to wait for things to come around at the right price.

More $$$ now to convert to Euros...

early bid keeps the seller from pulling it and selling it off ebay to someone who makes an private message offer ;)

I could see that, but it's not always the case. Sometimes when no one bids, it makes the seller lower the price.

There was a Motion City Soundtrack-Back to the Beat cd that started off at $35. After a couple of days of no bids, he lowered it to $25. Then after another couple days, it was lowered to $15. And on the last day he lowered it to $10. I bid and I won it.

early bid keeps the seller from pulling it and selling it off ebay to someone who makes an private message offer ;)

I've bid on things in the past that still got pulled afterward. I was winning a copy of the Jesus Lizard/Nirvana 7" a couple months ago, when all of a sudden with less than a day left on the auction, the dude pulled it and sent me a PM saying that it was stolen out of his car, blah blah blah. I think he just made up a bullshit story because it wasn't going for as much as he wanted to get out of it. I mean, who the fuck keeps records in their car?