early bidders

cadetapplesauce

nope. early bidders keep the price down in the long run. it's the last minute bidders that drive up the price. early bidders forget.

here, fucking here. i just won two auctions where i was the first bidder. mostly because i was the only bidder. but i've also won where i was first, put in a high enough max bid, and went on to win. just put in your max price on your first bid and walk away.

well, i mean for certain auctions you KNOW theyre gonna go high. but more bids attracts attention to the auction, which from a seller's perspective is good, but from a buyer's perspective is bad (which is why poorly listed auctions mostly go for cheap). but i think some people just don't put in their highest bids. they put in bids lower than they're willing to spend, and once they're outbid, they bid higher than that. unnecessarily driving up the price early in the game, because they're gonna have to outbid that person who outbid them. i don't mind if people bid a lot on the last day, but shit like 16 bids on the first day and a half is ridiculous to me.

but... whatever. all's fair in love and record collecting.

patrick, why'd you delete your post? haha.

Guest abravemorning
well, i mean for certain auctions you KNOW theyre gonna go high. but more bids attracts attention to the auction, which from a seller's perspective is good, but from a buyer's perspective is bad (which is why poorly listed auctions mostly go for cheap). but i think some people just don't put in their highest bids. they put in bids lower than they're willing to spend, and once they're outbid, they bid higher than that. unnecessarily driving up the price, because they're gonna have to outbid that person who outbid them.

patrick, why'd you delete your post? haha.

What post? ???

I don't mind early bidders it's the idiots who bid and know it's not a winning price that piss me off. All you do is drive up the price when you bid $3 on a test pressing. If you bid early and put your max, more power to you. If you bid early and put in a useless amount all you're doing is making it harder for everyone else.