voodoo glow skulls/hickey 7"

aarondanger

You know there is no VGS music on that 7" right? It's just nasty messages the band left for hickey after hickey stole one of their trumpets. that shit is epic. oh, and while the messages are playing, the dudes from hickey are playing the trumpet in the background...fucking awesome.

HA-larious!!

plus it's on "EPITAPH" ...which i believe they got sued for.

i got this when it came out. it's one of the best splits. the story is hilarious. VGS look like douchebags throughout the whole thing. it is epic, but it's hard to really understand the whole context without the messages.

i think you can download it all at the mattyluv website.

"fucked up" as in "being very bad at being decent human beings and threatening to have an HIV positive friend give another group of people AIDS amongst other things as revenge for stealing a horn after being douches at a show".

As for further details... Not too many more details to give other than the woman I was talking to was actually told to no longer speak to me from her superiors at the office if she wanted to continue having a job. She thought VGS were assholes too and filled me on on the mini-panic the whole debacle caused.

"fucked up" as in "being very bad at being decent human beings and threatening to have an HIV positive friend give another group of people AIDS amongst other things as revenge for stealing a horn after being douches at a show".

As for further details... Not too many more details to give other than the woman I was talking to was actually told to no longer speak to me from her superiors at the office if she wanted to continue having a job. She thought VGS were assholes too and filled me on on the mini-panic the whole debacle caused.

oh dear.

LOL...amazing

The Replacements thing is so long it'd have to be a double if it was going to sound any good. I was actually thinking of doing it in plain white hand stamped sleeves like the "Stink" 12" awhile back but I never ended up going through with it. This was during my 12inchaphobia years. I'm over it now so maybe next year. You think 500 to 1000 people would actually be interested in owning such a thing 2 or 3 years after the fact though? As for Hickey records...soonish. I want to get this Big Rig thing out first. I got the demo and the EP mastered together last week. Now It's just down to the band figuring out exactly what they want to have on the record. In a perfect world this will be 10 or 11 songs on a 12" and CD.

Agreed. The Hickey song rocks. The b-side is worth the $4 too, just to hear the VGS messages. Since my last name is Hickey my friends used to call and leave me messages like that in college...since a lot of them start with the VGS guys saying "Hey, Hickey..." Good times.

Also, if it still has all the inserts, the story is a good read.