wanted: sweep the leg johnny

gravitylovesdrunks

Which records do you need?

The LPs will be easily obtained.

Southern should have a bunch, I know I can get you a copy of the divot LP.

The 7"s might be difficult, but I'll keep an eye out. Definitely not impossible. Their first 7" is impossible to find, no one in the band even had copies.

Highly underrated band. +1 for having excellent taste.

uhm...well shit...i probably could have gotten you that LP for a lot cheaper...

...i just treat people how i'd like to be.

I'm a little older than the average age around here and I kinda got to know a whole bunch of people from working/helping out at a few venues over the years...if I can use those resources in a positive way..then yeah, why not!?

rad. do you have access to any more of their shit, or the usual promise ring, mineral, get up kids, braid, friction, jazz june, vitreous humor, sunday's best, etc. etc.

i only have access because most of those bands being from chicago and/or being closer to Polyvinyl HQ.

i see their records used allllll the time. send me a list.

uhm...well shit...i probably could have gotten you that LP for a lot cheaper...

...i just treat people how i'd like to be.

I'm a little older than the average age around here and I kinda got to know a whole bunch of people from working/helping out at a few venues over the years...if I can use those resources in a positive way..then yeah, why not!?

I am pretty sure you were the one who gave me Scott's contact at harmless records. Thanks we worked out a kick ass trade and i got some real gems coming my way. Scott seems like a pretty awesome guy!

Thanks alot for helping out +1

I have all their LPs and most 7"s. I even have one that, according to the band, not even all of them have. My wife found it in a tiny record store in Alabama. Crazy.

BTW, Sweep is in my top 5 best lives bands ever. Sooooo good.

that sounds about right...finding impossible items in off the wall places.

SWEEP was simply a mind blowing band. Worked on such a higher level than evryone else...I cherish every memory of seeing that band play live.

I miss Steve and I'lll probably never see him again as he and his wife moved to South America to be teachers.

fuck...i gotta go put Sto Cazzo! on now.

Sweep the Leg Johnny was awesome live. i saw them once for free at the Beat Hotel, some crappy record store in Michigan and they blew my mind. And then I saw them again at Michigan Fest 2002. I was like 5 feet from the dude when he crashed through the ceiling, definitely the best thing I've ever seen happen at a show.

Sweep the Leg Johnny was awesome live. i saw them once for free at the Beat Hotel, some crappy record store in Michigan and they blew my mind. And then I saw them again at Michigan Fest 2002. I was like 5 feet from the dude when he crashed through the ceiling, definitely the best thing I've ever seen happen at a show.

That michiganfest set was worth the trip alone. Such an amazing day. That dvd doesn't even come close to showing how great of a day it was. The ghost, honor system, coalesce, isis. Goddamn that was a great day.

Quote to top them all was from Steve Sweep: "the amazing part was he didn't stop playing on the way down". Yeah. He kept playing...the band heard him through the monitors. Amazing.