Dan Vapid & Cheats on vinyl?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally , I'm a really big Vapid fan from his SW and Methadones days, and had really high hopes for the record. But I must admit, I was a bit disappointed. I wonder how rushed this record was. It also seems to me a few of these tracks may have been in consideration for Riverdales material. Not sure.

I'm hoping for a better record next turn out.

I do think a handful of the songs are damn good, would of been a better EP for my tastes.

cheers to everyone who provided feedback.

I do think they put too many songs on the album.

I think they should have played more shows, and just recorded an EP first, then an album (but that's the route I wish all bands took, no matter what their seniority was like). I'm sure some of the songs were meant to be Riverdales/SW, I'm glad Dan took em back too. Stoked that when they play live he plays songs from all of his old bands too...he deserves more recognition for his songwriting.

I do think they put too many songs on the album.

I think they should have played more shows, and just recorded an EP first, then an album (but that's the route I wish all bands took, no matter what their seniority was like). I'm sure some of the songs were meant to be Riverdales/SW, I'm glad Dan took em back too. Stoked that when they play live he plays songs from all of his old bands too...he deserves more recognition for his songwriting.

I completely agree, although I will just add that the Riverdales records were getting better, and better each release, and seemed like they were really hitting their stride. To bad Ben's chaos had to ruin everything. Because IMO Vapid/Weasel together are even better than when they're apart.

I just hope that last 7" by the Riverdales gets released at some point by Recess.

cheers!

• 1 year later...

I completely agree, although I will just add that the Riverdales records were getting better, and better each release, and seemed like they were really hitting their stride. To bad Ben's chaos had to ruin everything. Because IMO Vapid/Weasel together are even better than when they're apart.

I just hope that last 7" by the Riverdales gets released at some point by Recess.

cheers!

Agreed, everything Vapid does is fantastic, but Vapid/Weasel is always top notch!