Ideas - Travel to New York...what to do, where to

IMO the empire state was fucked! It took two hours of waiting, lining up, bag checks, lining up, bag checks, waiting, walking, putting up with annoying kids, more lining up to get to the top.

Then it was 4-5 people deep. So you had to wait for ages to get a decent view from each side of the building.

I did however really enjoy going to the top of the rockafeller at night. Almost nobody, a silly short film about the building, better quality materials in the building, and cheaper too.

i'll be in NYC at the end of April as well. We're staying in Jersey, but we plan to go to the city for a day or two while we're there. Seeing Iron Chic in Long Island one night which will be awesome.

Last time I went the MoMA was really cool, and I think free after a certain time on fridays?

i'll be in NYC at the end of April as well. We're staying in Jersey, but we plan to go to the city for a day or two while we're there. Seeing Iron Chic in Long Island one night which will be awesome.

Last time I went the MoMA was really cool, and I think free after a certain time on fridays?

Bastards, on the 27th... >:(

You can't even walk your dog down broadway there lol

But Soho does have the sexiest buildings in nyc; Old iron cast storefronts. So try to go when its mostly empty (weekdays while people are at work and before 11am.)

and if you guys get bored, head to my favorite guilty pleasure, Zombie Hut...very very boozy rum drinks in mason jars and free goldfish crackers lol. Also you and your gf can share a giant Frozen Zombie Bowl (like 3 types of rum mixed with a fruity frozen mixture).

and after this week, we really need some amy winehouse rehab ;D

haha and there are a few beer gardens around brooklyn. one near greenpoint/williamsburg that has a rooftop drinking area and others that have quality craft beers on tap (hmmm Mother's Milk).

Also lots of the office buildings around manhatten have plazas with seats to rest if you guys are walking everywhere.

The Brooklyn Brewery is pretty neat too. And there are a bunch of vintage stores around and a bar called Whiskey Brooklyn where I like to play Ski-Ball and Big Buck Hunter. They also sell something called "Bowl O Bacon" which is...a bowl of bacon.

For everyone talking about Soho, I work there. And yeah, it does suck. But there's an amazing Taco/Burrito truck outside my office called Calexico, corner of Wooster and Prince. Pretty fantastic.