Ground Coffee?

So I finally got a coffee maker because the keurig machine that my apartment complex provides for free never gets restocked with any k-cups besides "dark magic" and some kind of tea... which is not what I'm interested in... Anyways, does anybody have any recommendations on their favorite ground coffee? My first bag I'm on now is Starbucks Pike Place, which was recommended by a friend. I do like this roast but I'm curious to see what else is out there. I am a medium roast kind of guy so that should give an idea of what I'm interested in. Any and all recommendations will be thanked!

Before i moved i always rocked Bold Bean (local coffee company), and i think they have an online store

http://www.boldbeancoffee.com/

For Christmas i was given a bunch of coffee, my favorite was 100% Kona coffee that my buddy brought back from his vacation in Hawaii - dont recall the roaster/brand, but typically Kona is medium roast and pretty mild, easy to drink but also rather pricey.

I would just suggest sampling a bunch of random blends till you find something you love. local/indie coffee shops would be a good place to start browsing.

I usually have 2-4 different blends on hand at a time that range from super light to pretty dark.

1. Buy whole bean. Get a grinder. Only grind as much as you need for a single brew.

2. Don't keep beans around for more than 2 weeks. Don't freeze it either. You can normally buy smaller amounts - 1/4 to 1/2 of a pound.

3. Buy from Sterling Coffee Roasters. Best coffee in Portland: http://sterlingcoffeeroasters.com/coffees/

/coffeesnob

They seriously have some of the absolute best coffee I've ever tasted. Like Jamaica Blue Mountain, without the crazy price tag. I gave a bunch of it as Christmas gifts this year. I've had lattes there that taste like desserts. Americanos that are creamy and perfect. If you're ever in Portland, or anyone who's reading who ever finds themselves in Portland, seek out Sterling Coffee Roasters.

Now I'm drooling.

Trader Joe's generic medium roast is delicious

Unfortunately I am not near any Trader Joe's

Well I know Trader Joe's recently opened up in Sarasota and there has been rumors of them coming into Tampa, so Orlando cant be too far off. But i guess don't hold your breathe.

Oh, and i second sharkticon's statement about getting a grinder. last year i picked up a grinder and there is no turning back once you do. makes a world of difference.

While not a huge coffee snob, i did enjoy hitting up all the coffee shops i could while on vacationing in Portland and you can totally tell coffee is serious business up/over there.

The best place in NYC is Porto Rico Coffee Company.

http://www.portorico.com/store/

They are fair trade, have lots of organic, pay their employees fairly and support the local community. The location in SoHo was one of the only places the homeless could use the restroom in that jungle of over-priced bullshit.

They have lots of variety so at the very least the site is a great place to read up on variety.