International Shipping Info / Tips

Hey friends. I was wondering if anyone has any sage advise for shipping records internationally. I've seen some tips here and there, but I'd like to hear from some people with experience. What is the best service to use? Are online prices (USPS, UPS, FedEx) for real?! What's the best way to ensure safety for the buyer and seller? Any advice for preparing customs forms?

My sincerest appreciation in advance. If this turns out to be very helpful, I might recommend this thread be stickied on the Sales page.

Pack it well, yes the prices are correct, do not pay as a gift through paypal, get tracking/delivery confirmation, send a shipping notice and keep the receipts, if you are only sending a couple of records, you can write on the customs they're for promo and have no real value($1). That way the buyer won't pay any import taxes.

usps fist class is the best choice of mine when i ask the seller ship the goods.

highly recommend stay away from dhl economic. it easy to bring tax to your addressee.

i ever paid 220 usd for tax of 11 records which ship by dhl.

i believe dhl will share my tax with customs departments because i won't pay more than 8-10 usd per record in case the sender ship by usps first class international.

anyway, imported tax is nightmare....