Brand New Canadian Tour

I was sort of sad I was away when I saw this announced, then I remembered that the crowds at Brand New shows are the absolute worst, ever.

How so? I've never seen them before and I'm not much of a fan. My girlfriend loves them though and asked if I would go with her and I said sure (I'm not one to turn down going to a show).

Brand New crowds generally consist of a couple, one person in which has no interest in being there and will talk loudly over any quiet moment. They also still draw a strange college bro crowd from the Sic Transit single days, and they will basically shout at each other the whole set until they play it.

If you want to get close, you'll inevitably either run into a pocket of bro's who'll try and mosh their way through the set. Or a group of either rabid or incredibly rude girls who'll make sure you aren't in their way.

It's just a really bad vibe, and as much as I adore that band, I'm really worn out on seeing them live.

In this case I'd absolutely rather see them in a cavernous warehouse or outdoor festival. Mostly just sad I won't get to shoot them again, even though Jesse rocks a two mic set up that makes it basically a pain in the ass.

Brand New crowds generally consist of a couple, one person in which has no interest in being there and will talk loudly over any quiet moment. They also still draw a strange college bro crowd from the Sic Transit single days, and they will basically shout at each other the whole set until they play it.

If you want to get close, you'll inevitably either run into a pocket of bro's who'll try and mosh their way through the set. Or a group of either rabid or incredibly rude girls who'll make sure you aren't in their way.

It's just a really bad vibe, and as much as I adore that band, I'm really worn out on seeing them live.

completely agree with that

They're playing the Sound Academy in Toronto right? I really wish that place would just blow up. It's the worst venue in the city.

Sound Academy is really only as bad as the sound guy working it, I've had mixed experiences there, but when it counts, it's good. Massive Attack and Portishead both sounded great there.

It's a lot better for crowding now that they took the bar divider out, the sightlines are still pretty shit though. As is the location.

I frankly hate the Phoenix more, the layout of that venue is atrocious, and for being a bit outside of the real core, there's little parking nearby.

The security at the Sound Academy have always been assholes and there have been multiple times I've got to see shows there where I've watched most of the show on a screen. That's why I refuse to go there. I can't even begin to explain how sad I Was when I saw Refused were playing there. I'd almost break tradition and go, but I know I'll drop the $50 for the ticket just to be disappointed by watching them on a video screen.

Maybe the crowd thing will be different in Canada? I really hope so, but either way, they've been one of my favorite bands for years but I've never seen them since they never come up here, so no way would I pass on this. Hopefully they still have some copies of the gold Devil and God left for the Vancouver show.

Maybe the crowd thing will be different in Canada? I really hope so, but either way, they've been one of my favorite bands for years but I've never seen them since they never come up here, so no way would I pass on this. Hopefully they still have some copies of the gold Devil and God left for the Vancouver show.

Oh by all means, see them at least once.