Free: I will "sponsor" a EU vinyl buyer

thebiglebowski

If anyone is interested, I will be a shipping hub for one European buyer. Here is what I am thinking:

I give you my address.

You buy records and ship them to me.

Every couple months, I take a batch to the post office and ship them to you in Europe. This is only for someone who is patient and cost-conscious. I will not be running to the post office every 2 weeks for you.

You pay 1 $20 or so shipping charge instead of $10 every time you want a record. I will only ship insured and tracked. You have them shipped to me however you want.

I have 100+ transactions on here and flawless ebay feedback, so you can be assured I will not keep your records. I will not open or play your records.

First person to post they want this, get's it. Might be willing to take on another person, but gonna give it a trial run first.

how could this ever go wrong!

I'm sure there are lots of ways. I could die in a car wreck tonight. But if someone saves $5 on the total cost of every record they buy, those savings are well worth the risk (which is really, really, small. I have been a part of this board for 5 years and have never screwed anyone).

I was just thinking this morning that if I was in Europe and a record collector, I would jump all over something like this. If no one wants it, no harm done.

I've had people message me with intentions of buying one record in the now, and coming back later on to pick up others. This sort of tactic worked beautifully for us since they saved on shipping, and I saved on packing supplies (and I generally use a lot compared to what I see coming in to me).

If you know the other person well enough to trust them, or are just a naively trusting person, I can say that this is a pretty good way to save money; whether you do it how I did it (just out of your personal stash) or as OP is suggesting, I recommend it.

I might be a naively trusting person, but I'd totally consider this. Though it's not so much the shipping costs as the ridiculous customs charges which make this a cool idea. I'd totally offer the same for UK to elsewhere as well (I've done it once for someone, which went pretty well. There's feedback somewhere on VC for it too.)

Well it is yours if you want it. I'm not begging to do what I consider to be a favor for someone.

And thanks for the offer to make it a reciprocal thing, but I rarely buy from Europe. Only when Banquet releases something by Brian Fallon and an occasional record that Bachelor Records puts out. Wouldn't make sense for me.