WANTED: Fueled by Ramen 'Noodle Box'

billybob

Was wondering if anyone can help shed some light on this/has one to sell or trade?

I seem to remember back in the mists of time (before 'nu rave' and Decaydance) that FBR put out some pretty sweet releases. One promo item that I always liked the look of (and please correct me if i'm imagining this) was a 'Noodle Box'/Chinese Takeaway set that included a 'menu' of early releases, a napkin, etc - much like the LTJ Pie Tin.

The reason I may be imagining this is that there is absolutely no mention of it whatsoever on the web! I know FBR don't shout about their earlisest releases (Guess they don't consider them cool anymore?!?), but I really cannot find any info on this....

...Any ideas?

Was wondering if anyone can help shed some light on this/has one to sell or trade?

I seem to remember back in the mists of time (before 'nu rave' and Decaydance) that FBR put out some pretty sweet releases. One promo item that I always liked the look of (and please correct me if i'm imagining this) was a 'Noodle Box'/Chinese Takeaway set that included a 'menu' of early releases, a napkin, etc - much like the LTJ Pie Tin.

The reason I may be imagining this is that there is absolutely no mention of it whatsoever on the web! I know FBR don't shout about their earlisest releases (Guess they don't consider them cool anymore?!?), but I really cannot find any info on this....

...Any ideas?

here is info on it:

-a chinese food take out box

-4 bands and 6 songs on the tape

-stickers and recipes

-and a fortune cookie

tracks are:

1. the hippos - get away from me

2. the hippos - the boss

3. boxcar - pimpslap

4. supermarket all-stars - pat sajak is a sucka mc

5. supermarket all-stars - girlfight

6. shower with goats - protege

[image]

THAT'S THE BAD-BOY!!! I fucking knew I wasn't imagining this one...Cheers for the info (+1). Now let's see if I can get ahold of one!

Actually it's a shame that the tape has a relatively poor selection of early FBR...Where's pop-punk leg ends 'Limp'?

...Any ideas?

here is info on it:

-a chinese food take out box

-4 bands and 6 songs on the tape

-stickers and recipes

-and a fortune cookie

tracks are:

1. the hippos - get away from me

2. the hippos - the boss

3. boxcar - pimpslap

4. supermarket all-stars - pat sajak is a sucka mc

5. supermarket all-stars - girlfight

6. shower with goats - protege

[image]

they put out a release as super market all stars on too hep records and then they changed their name to last summer and put out the cd on drive-thru. and i think they had one extra song on the "youll never eat fast food again" comp that drive thru put out

funny thing about that take out box tape, besides the hippos, i dont think any of those bands were ever on fbr

man supermarket allstars... I was just talking about them the other day. they were on that V/A - JOLT cd comp and toured with LTJ a few times back in the day. Did they ever have a cd released? Im sure the music doesnt hold up but i would love to hear it.

i have a supermarket allstars 7" and the cd somewhere. probably have that last summer cd too ill see if i can hook you up with that stuff.