Tool vinyl? Official releases?

Hope no one has mentioned this yet. If so my apologies for a new thread.

Just found out that Opiate and Undertow are readily available. It's on Volcano/Zoo records so it's legit.

Is this common knowledge? Or is this brand new? They are really cheap also.

Undertow is a double LP for well under 20 bucks, and Opiate is under 10 bucks.

This is common knowledge.

The only other official tool releases are the lateralus picture disc and a specific pressing of aenima (the rest are bootlegs)

I think this is right, someone correct me if not.

i know 10,000 days is a boot, but is salival?

Yup, you're correct in that both Salival and 10,000 Days are boots (they never had official releases). Discogs seems to have a good list of all the bootlegs:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Tool+%282%29#t=Unofficial_All&q=&p=1

Official release wise there's also Stinkfist, Sober, Cesaro Summability, Selections From Aenima and Prison Sex that haven't been mentioned. Also yeah, Opiate and Undertow were repressed in like 2006? I think and are pretty readily available because of it which is nice.

There's also various picture discs and 12" singles. There's multiple pressings of Opiate and Undertow as well as two pressings of Aenima. The only official Lateralus is the 2LP picture disc set.

Apparently 10,000 Days is still coming out at some point as someone mentioned seeing a test pressing of it at Danny Carey's house (I think it was mentioned on toolshed.down.net).

Official release wise there's also Stinkfist, Sober, Cesaro Summability, Selections From Aenima and Prison Sex that haven't been mentioned.

i thought these were bootlegs.... ??? glad to hear they are official too.

If you check the Tool vinyl buyers guide mentioned (specifically here) you'll see they're listed as official promos. So not massive number releases necessarily (5000 for some though), but official nevertheless. A few different versions of some of them too.