PO RUSH - Clockwork Angels

http://www.amazon.com/Clockwork-Angels-Rush/dp/B007V4LKRU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337125381&sr=8-2

to be exact. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but I really should... Just hesitant because of their recent track record in the sonics department.

Happy to hear there are Rush fans on this board :)

Shit! I checked a few days ago and didn't see it. I'll save much more at Amazon! Wooh! Thanks.

I'd like to see a massive vinyl box set someday. I emailed Anthem about it last year.

I'd buy this instantly. Its hard to find Roll The Bones or Counterparts for a decent price haha. Plus I don't think Test For Echo was ever pressed.

True. Vapor Trail is also very hard get for a decent price.

Most live albums after "A Show Of Hands" were not released on vinyl either.

I'd buy this instantly. Its hard to find Roll The Bones or Counterparts for a decent price haha. Plus I don't think Test For Echo was ever pressed.

I don't think they pressed any live album after A Show of Hands.

I have everything except for Roll the Bones, Counterparts, and Vapor Trails. I am 99% sure they never pressed Test for Echo, which is a bummer. Even thought I have almost everything I would buy a complete set in a heartbeat if they ever decided to do it.

They released "Moving Pictures : Live" just last year.

Also last month there's been an unofficial RUSH ABC 1974 live record that was put out.

Also last month there's been an unofficial RUSH ABC 1974 live record that was put out.

I'm pretty sure the ABC 1974 live vinyl is official. I think it was announced on their website. I may be wrong though.

This is true, I own both. I actually forgot about the Moving Pictures Live, however, I was referring more to the standard live releases that they have always put out (ie Live album every four studio albums, which was standard up until the last 3 studio albums). They never pressed Different Stages. Nor did they press Snakes and Arrows live, R30, Rush in Rio, and the full Time Machine 2011.

• 4 weeks later...

How is this album? i'm somewhat interested in hearing it. i've been listening to their back albums lately; found Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and Signals at my local shop last week for about $7 total.

Some find it great, some not. Rush is the kind of band that grows on you because you always hear new stuff with each listen. Reviews so far are great. This is a concept album it seems but I did not really get it yet. Musically it reminds me of their last studio album, Snakes & Arrows. I'm very satisfied by it after two listens.

Old Rush vinyl sounds so good, especially any mastered by Bob Ludwig (etched RL). They're readily available and would sound better than any 180g pressings made today, so I'm guessing that's why they're balking on reissues.

Test For Echo was never pressed, and it's hard to find any post HYF albums, including Snakes & Arrows. Pretty sure they're going to press the shit out of Clockwork Angels though. I've heard terrible things about that Moving Pictures Live album, check the vinyl reviews on Amazon, eesh.