Mudhoney Documentary - I'm Now

Guest realtalk

Guest realtalk

In the harsh world of the music industry, survival is the greatest revenge.

Today Mudhoney stands as one of the only survivors of a musical movement that inspired a generation and changed Rock and Roll forever. The band’s seminal hit “Touch Me I’m Sick” is on the short list of songs that define Grunge, the early ‘90s rock renaissance and, let’s face it, is one of the best rock songs ever, regardless of genre niche or time period. Mudhoney’s music and attitude have inspired countless artists and continue to do so today.

This documentary tells the story of Mudhoney from their very beginnings, to following them on their recent world tour and everything in between. Complete with testimonials from friends, music industry veterans, and musicians such as Pearl Jam’s Stone Gossard & Jeff Ament, Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore & Kim Gordon, Soundgarden’s Kim Thayil, and Mudhoney themselves, this movie shows the true story of the founding fathers of Grunge (please do not describe Mudhoney as the founding fathers of Grunge).

I’m Now is a portrait of a band that has seen and done it all, while never losing site of why they originally started playing music… to have a good time!

After meeting in college, filmmakers Ryan Short and Adam Pease established King of Hearts Productions in 2004 and hit the ground running, producing concert DVDs and music videos for MTV and Fuse, all while still in their early 20s. In 2008 the filmmakers were nominated for an award by MTV Europe for one of their music videos, that same year they released their second documentary film, the critically acclaimed TAD: Busted Circuits and Ringing Ears. In Late 2009 filming began on I’m Now when the filmmakers traveled to Japan to document Mudhoney’s world tour for the album The Lucky Ones. Filming continued as Mudhoney traveled to Europe and South America.

I’m Now is a comprehensive look at Mudhoney’s career told by the members of Mudhoney, record label execs, critics, and fellow musicians.

Cast: Keith Morris, Tad Doyle, Kurt Danielson, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, David Fricke, Charles Peterson, Jack Endino, Wayne Kramer, David Katznelson, Kim Thayil, Bob Bert, Stevie Chick, Danny Baird, Bruce Pavitt, Jonathan Poneman, Megan Jasper, Keith Cameron.

Ryan Short, age 29, and Adam Pease, 28, currently live in Seattle and operate King of Hearts Productions full time.

I’m Now was Directed, Edited and Produced by Ryan Short and Adam Pease.

Screening info available at Sub Pop