Rufio - Perhaps I Suppose Test Pressings for Charity

RufioTestSleeves.jpg

Sorry for the new post; don't kick my ass. Figured charity cases are an exception.

5 test pressings of Rufio's Perhaps I Suppose are now available for auction on eBay.

You can view the listings HERE.

Only 10 tests were created for this record. Additionally, the two highest winning bids will receive a 7" test pressing of the Above Me / Road To Recovery bonus record that was available with the Lost Boys edition of "Perhaps". Accompanied by a stunning screen printed sleeve produced by Patrick Emmons of A City Inside, 100 % of the proceeds from these 5 tests pressings will be donated to The Wounded Warrior Project.

It certainly isn't soulless to sell test pressings for a hefty profit....a lot of labels have every right/need to do so and a lot of people are willing to contribute their funds to snag one. Luckily for me, I'm still less of a label and more of a guy typing this in the kitchen of my one bedroom apartment (aka the Company Ink Records..."office?") so my overhead is incredibly streamlined.

But most importantly, at the end of the day...the music / records / vinyl collecting thing is meaningless in the grand scheme of the world. So as long as I'm selling some records that another label made famous, I'll happily contribute to a greater cause.

While the combined efforts of this donation will undoubtedly be a modest amount, I'm sticking to the "no donation is too small" mantra on this one.

Here's a look at what Wounded Warrior is all about, and what our funds will go towards:

Mission Statement

• To raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members.
  • To help injured service members aid and assist each other.
  • To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.

Your generous, tax deductible donation to Wounded Warrior Project enables us to help thousands of injured warriors returning home from the current conflicts and to provide assistance to their families. As the number of wounded steadily increases, it is easy to see how the needs of these brave individuals also increase.

Hey, thanks.

I wonder if wounded warrior cares for soliders returning with PTSD and other mental issues. the rate of soldiers entering back into civilian life who commit suicide is crazy high.

• 2 weeks later...