It's finally happened... (gaslight)

patron

There was usually a catalyst that sparked these speculator markets, such as the Death of Superman, Foil/enhanced covers, etc... What caused the vinyl speculation?

colored vinyl! when records were coming out in the 70's there was hardly any and now everybody (and i mean everybody) is releasing on colored vinyl. im more pumped to get a 180g black vinyl because it sounds better. now labels do 15 pressings on 3 colors each and the colors are out of 100 and that does nothing but drive up the market and bring in more people who dont care about the band or album to buy it for the sole purpose of resale... ala comic books and sports cards. it will always happen.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight
So glad I was able to buy this brand new from punkstop.

ditto... though honestly when I first bought both LP's from Punkstop I never imagined the band would get as big as they're getting now.

Guest baseball

Holy shit. That's all I can say.

I'm bummed that I've finally got some disposable income to blow on stuff I've wanted for a while and ebay is completely out of control.

Guest genericinsight

Man. that's ridiculous.

even if I needed some extra cash I can't sell my black Gaslight LP - it's got a huge scratch in it and skips in multiple places on side one. I wouldn't want to be the asshole to sells someone a record for $150 only to have it be damaged.