PO: Wild Nothing - Nocturne (Deluxe/Standard)

they said there were going to have them on tour...but every band ive seen on CT has never had any rare stuff on tour!!!! but with the delay/defect they obviously havent the past shows...but they get the new vinyl this week... or next so maybe not until way latter in tour..if he they get them out to him???

im seeing them with DIIV too! in michigan! gonna be sweet! too amazing acts...saw them open for Beach house earlier this year too! was real good saw some debuts of the new stuff

Guest deathbydrums

I haven't received the limited version yet... never done this but do you guys file paypal claims to cover yourself just in case or just wait it out? Got a bad feeling about this one.

I ordered this just before it sold out. I messaged them on Monday and got the story about the defect. Thy said they'd be getting then in soon and last night I got a PayPal tracking number email from them, so I'm pretty confident at this point. Hell if it doesn't pan out I'm going to the Boston show and I'll try my luck there.

Anyone going to the Boston show that can pick up a blue/limited copy of this for me?

Ordered it from Captured Tracks and didn't end up getting it.

Then some shit comes up at work today and I can't make the show, feeling kinda bummed.

I've done this for others on the board before so hopefully some of that karma comes back to me.

got my deluxe. underwhelmed with what it consisted of (just a wraparound and blue vinyl, not even numbered) but the packaging itself with the inserts is cool. my copy was a little bent but that's what the wraparound is for I guess! also, it came with a promo poster and the Nocturne calendar they were advertising a little while back. it's on like cheap newspaper kind of paper. cool I guess, but not worth the extra 10 bucks or whatever. still, a really amazing album.

I really really love Captured Tracks so much and it breaks my heart that even after a total customer service renovation, they still aren't replying to emails in regards to products they're supposed to stand by and that they're supposedly doing everything they can about. I also wrote them about getting a tracking number about a week ago and I still haven't got a reply. I'm going to see Wild Nothing in Charlottesville next week so hopefully they have some limited edition copies there because I feel like at this point, that may be the only way I'll ever get my hands on one. They SHOULD have some at the show because it's essentially a hometown show for WN. Guess we'll see.

Oh and nelso, I'm like 99% sure I liked your post on Captured Tracks' wall. haha

PARA- lol, nice yea you probably did....i bitched at them (lightly) because I know it bugs them when people do it on FB because everyone can see!!!! you should be able to grab one at the show...like i said the merch guy told me they were getting them for shows...just the delay prevented that until boston shows...i missed it by ONE show...doh!

Hi guys... just receive my Ltd. Vinyl Nocturne LP from CT this last weekend. I placed my order on July 4th for this long awaited album, one of my favs this year. Must say the whole limited presentation was superb... but I am very disappointed because this arrived damaged on some parts, packaging quality is very poor and carelessly on all shipments that I have ordered.

I have understood this edition is out of stock, however i will submit a complaint... Has anyone ever received a refund from them??? I've never had problems on other retailer like Rough Trade Records, Bleep, Sub Pop, XL, Ebay... no way!

If anyone else had problems with them here are some e-mails [email protected] , [email protected]

Regards!

There was a defect in the pressing. They shipped about 200 of these out before they noticed. I was quick in catching mine, as I e-mailed them like maybe a day after I received it initially, which was maybe a day before street date. They told me to send it to them, I didn't, then they said hold onto it, which I did. I finally got my replacement copy yesterday. These are in the mail, I guess. Slightly different shade of blue on the vinyl, too.

It's so beautiful though. Picked this up at their Charlottesville show. Also met Cole from DIIV and he's such a sweet guy. We took a picture of our nails. Anyway, mine sounds decent. Might pick up a black copy to compare. Ltd edition is still nice to have around.

tumblr_mb1nc7uzRc1qbbalao2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mb1nc7uzRc1qbbalao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mb1nc7uzRc1qbbalao6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mazrxtIIrt1qbbalao1_500.jpg

I've been following this thread. I registered an account to add my experiences.

8/11- ordered the special edition of this LP

8/28- LP arrives in the mail. Packaging is great. Sleeve and extras are great. Record has a radial cut on side B completely ruining that side. Distortion on side A. I promptly send an email to Captured tracks.

8/30- Received a reply email from CT telling me to mail the whole record back.

9/1- I mailed the record back at my own expense (media mail)

9/12- I emailed CT asking if they ever received my record and what they were going to do to fix this predicament

9/17- Receive a reply from CT (finally!! more than 2 weeks after mailing the record). This was a reply about what happened "Yea, it was a pressing issue. The record was off center and warped so it made for a terrible sounding record. The new pressings sound great and just to clarify you're getting a full art copy (obviously) since you sent yours back to us. Keep an eye out! Have a great night!"

9/25- Received replacement record. Again, all the artwork, packaging, extras and sleeve are great. Record is sealed. I open the record sleeve. Scratched record with distortion, pops, skips. I email them immediately after playing and inspecting the record.

9/28- Emailed CT again after getting no reply to my email about the problems with the replacement record.

9/29- Still no reply.

I know it my issues are not a problem with my setup or record player. I have a nice older technics direct drive turntable and a new audio technica stylus/cart. I have tons of vinyl and lots of records pressed this year and it all sounds just fine.

I'm really really disappointed in Captured Tracks. They seem like a great label (nice website, cool list of artists, awesome LP issues and reissues) but their product and service (in my limited experience with them) is awful. I bought an LP from a mom & pop record label here in my home town (http://www.barkandhiss.com/store/ - Gabe Schray - Corrected Follies LP <- fantastic LP) and they mailed to me faster, communicated with me more clearly and immediately than CT and delivered an excellent record and I don't understand why CT can't.